Members to a small team wanted: Accelerating download speed and increasing redundancy

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bananachokolate

Members to a small team wanted: Accelerating download speed and increasing redundancy

Postby bananachokolate » Sat May 26, 2018 6:51 am

My wish is to accelerate FreeCAD download as well as to increase redundancy. Will do this by creating a .torrent file with GitHub web seed as backbone. Members to a small team, that makes sure latest version is served, are wanted.
Tasks:
  1. When released, download latest version of FreeCAD.
  2. Upload FreeCAD to an FTP
  3. Log in to shell and run a script that generates a torrent.
  4. Upload .torrent file to the wiki.
Think you can contribute?
R-INYURU

Re: Members to a small team wanted: Accelerating download speed and increasing redundancy

Postby R-INYURU » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:25 pm

I will be glad to help if you guide me through it.
Trying to learn more about FreeCAD, any idea I will appreciate.
Enyalios

Re: Members to a small team wanted: Accelerating download speed and increasing redundancy

Postby Enyalios » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:32 pm

Nothing changed? If my download finished i could download the next new version. What´s the giant reason for it?
chrisb

Postby chrisb » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:07 pm

We had some speed issues here but they were due to routing issues. So no improvement is to be expected if the same servers are used. What has to be done to setup a true mirror?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1

Postby Kunda1 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:30 am

maybe there is a university that we can ask ?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
Enyalios

Postby Enyalios » Thu May 02, 2019 9:01 pm

Routing over North Korea?

I have a server - disk space - 1gb net and unlimited traffic. But i never installed github mirror before. if i got time i could test it.
Kunda1

Postby Kunda1 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Enyalios wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:01 pm
Routing over North Korea?
huh?
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
Kunda1

Postby Kunda1 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:41 pm