Some thougts about selection.

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wieszak17

Some thougts about selection.

Post by wieszak17 »

I slowly get acustomed to new Body/Part thingy, and run ito something not very hm... practical?. Let say i have tree of few levels of Parts with Bodies as leafs. For eg. want build a car. I have Part 'suspension' which contains Bodies wheel, axle, two sprigns and few other elements. So to build suspension of them i select Bodies of elements and arrange them ito suspension. Then i select Part and move whole suspension as one element around say Part 'frame'. And it is very good. My problem is: there is few suspension involved. Now if I click in treeview nothing is highlited in 3D area, so i dont know which one i just selected. Also, clicking on 3D view to select it always will select one of the Bodies in Parts, so if i have not open Parts in treeview (to not clutter view) i still dont know which one i just trying to select.

My proposal is: while deciding what should be selected after mouse click - get into account what is expanded in treeview. So in that example if i click in treeview on unexpanded Part, then highlited is every Part/Body inside selected Part, and if i click on something at 3D view then selected is Body if visible in treeview, or first visible in treeview Part to which that Body belongs.