very hard work for part designer

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
anteodt4

very hard work for part designer

Post by anteodt4 »

Hi I try the frecad software, but I found very hard the work for part design.
the interfaz for this mode is very confused, and I dont found the snap tools in ths mode, the number of steps for part design is a lot steps,
I sugered;

1) Esketch draw in faces more easyly without other geometry coincident, if was automatic for this much better.
2) Snap tools in this mode too no only in arch mode.
3)If combine snap tools and edge coincedent much better
4) Live sketch transformation, ergo modify the sketch without out of tridimensional mode.

But I know, this work is very hard but I think these options help them.
HarryGeier
Veteran

Re: very hard work for part designer

Post by HarryGeier »

You can use DRAFT to create complex sketches .
PART DESIGN Sketcher is for creating extrusions shapes in complex constrained multi sketch/multi Body Designs.
Sketches there shall be as small as thinkable and snap modes are somewhat contradictionary to the constraint solvers .
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
triplus
Veteran

Re: very hard work for part designer

Post by triplus »

Hi @anteodt4 and welcome.

Basically you are asking for assembly capability. There are ongoing efforts like Assembly2/A2Plus/Assembly3 trying to tackle this area for FreeCAD. Therefore hopefully soon new users will be able to complain something else can't be done in FreeCAD. As adding relations between parts in 3D view will just work. ;)