FreeCAD Subreddit Breaks 1000 Users; Help Wanted

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

FreeCAD Subreddit Breaks 1000 Users; Help Wanted

Post by kkremitzki »

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum, but I thought I'd create a new thread to get some attention to this.

Here's a link: https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeCAD/

A lot of the subreddit is a nice "best of" from the forum, but there are also new users asking for help. If any of the forum help regulars feel like creating a reddit account to help out directing people's questions, it would probably be quite beneficial. It's also possible to use RSS to subscribe to a subreddit if one is not a regular reddit user.

Considering the userbase of reddit, this is probably a good venue to take advantage of in terms of FreeCAD outreach.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
triplus
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD Subreddit Breaks 1000 Users; Help Wanted

Post by triplus »

If there are 1000 users in some (FreeCAD) community. I feel that that should i guess cover it. In addition some of them can help here too. We (FreeCAD forum centric community) don't mind at all. ;)
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

The FreeCAD Community on Google+ just reached 3,500 registrations.

Just saying.

(I've never understood the interest in Reddit)
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

The main problem with other FreeCAD communities (too me) is i don't have any clue what they are doing. The sense of what is going on in the FreeCAD world is something i get here on this forum. And if i would want to change that i would need to track the activity in other communities on a daily alike basis. In all honesty that just comes down to too much effort and time for me. Said that i don't have any issues with other FreeCAD communities and i am glad they exist. Everybody should i guess be able to get and provide support (Q&A) on a (Q&A) platform they prefer. And FreeCAD communities with 1000+ members likely can sustain them self in the end.

P.S. Thinking of it i guess "Keeping up with the FreeCAD" series would be nice. :lol:
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Do we know @hagbard2323 on the forum?
"fight the good fight"
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Other platforms are mostly just a dilution of attention, its far better to tell them that FreeCAD pretty much lives on this forum, asking questions on other platforms just massively decreases your chances of getting a quality timely answer or any answer at all.