Community Extras PPA Announcement & Support Thread: IfcOpenShell, Gmsh 4, freecad-doc translations & more!

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: New 0.17 freecad-doc package with French & Italian translations available on Community Extras PPA

Post by sgrogan »

kkremitzki wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:18 pm I'm not really sure on the size unfortunately, but it'd be nice to get to the bottom of since the extra size multiplies so badly.
I'm not a bash scripter but is this correct?

Code: Select all

find localwiki \( -name '*[_-]bg.html' -o -name
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/204 ... rators-a-o
If the stuff isn't being pruned that would explain it.

BTW: I got the French version working with windows. Shouldn't the doc package be release version(Distro/OS) agnostic?
"fight the good fight"
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: New 0.17 freecad-doc package with French & Italian translations available on Community Extras PPA

Post by kkremitzki »

sgrogan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:04 pm
kkremitzki wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:18 pm I'm not really sure on the size unfortunately, but it'd be nice to get to the bottom of since the extra size multiplies so badly.
I'm not a bash scripter but is this correct?

Code: Select all

find localwiki \( -name '*[_-]bg.html' -o -name
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/204 ... rators-a-o
If the stuff isn't being pruned that would explain it.

BTW: I got the French version working with windows. Shouldn't the doc package be release version(Distro/OS) agnostic?
What did you have to do/what was wrong with it on Windows? Yes, I would think the .qhc/.qch files should work on any distro/OS.

Edit: Also, the -o is an option in find, not bash. It should be deleting the appropriate HTML files. Part of the problem, I think, is that there are lots of unnecessary pictures, but they can't be deleted en masse in the same way because, for example, some commands' wiki pages use pictures with a different language extension, e.g. command_fr.html and command_br.png.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

kkremitzki wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:20 pm What did you have to do/what was wrong with it on Windows? Yes, I would think the .qhc/.qch files should work on any distro/OS.
For some reason, using "what's this" would through an error (I can back track to reproduce if necessary) and not get to the QTAssistant dialog. Something about not being able to read the collection file (I did try re-naming the files). I solved it by running QTAssistant externally and setting resource file. It might be a QT4/QT5 thing because I have both on my system sharing FreeCAD config files.
kkremitzki wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:20 pm I think, is that there are lots of unnecessary pictures, but they can't be deleted en masse in the same way because, for example, some commands' wiki pages use pictures with a different language extension, e.g. command_fr.html and command_br.png.
Is there a way to know if the wiki has actually grown this much since @yorik last built the QT files? I know some work has been done to add images/gifs/webm files?
"fight the good fight"
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

FYI guys, this topic is totally confusing, because its title only talks about freecad-doc packages, but the first post only mentions opencamlib. It's not until the middle of page 2 that the freecad-doc packages are mentioned!

Will try to test later this week.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Community Extras PPA Announcement & Support Thread: IfcOpenShell, Gmsh 4, freecad-doc translations & more!

Post by kkremitzki »

NormandC wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:51 am FYI guys, this topic is totally confusing, because its title only talks about freecad-doc packages, but the first post only mentions opencamlib. It's not until the middle of page 2 that the freecad-doc packages are mentioned!

Will try to test later this week.
That's very true, I've updated the title and first post.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Community Extras PPA Announcement & Support Thread: IfcOpenShell, Gmsh 4, freecad-doc translations & more!

Post by kkremitzki »

The size limit for the PPA has been increased. The experimental freecad-doc package is now also available on Ubuntu 16.04.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Community Extras PPA Announcement & Support Thread: IfcOpenShell, Gmsh 4, freecad-doc translations & more!

Post by Kunda1 »

kkremitzki wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:58 am The size limit for the PPA has been increased. The experimental freecad-doc package is now also available on Ubuntu 16.04.
:thumbsup:
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
cadgiru

Post by cadgiru »

kkremitzki wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:58 am The size limit for the PPA has been increased. The experimental freecad-doc package is now also available on Ubuntu 16.04.
About ifcopenshell:
With extra ppa,
Still hangs computer on import to freecad

Believe it is related to string function and UTF8 compatibility with Python 2.7.
Problem is probably not with ifcopenshell, because it works with ifc++, so guess it is with ifcopenshell import function
Ref post https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31253

Has anybody got this working?

Currently running
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.14995 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 7b866816785ac1ca9787b63d4bff12873bb3a593
Python version: 2.7.15rc1
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)

However this error is persistant on 0.16, 0.17, 0.18 on ubuntu14, and current. Tested on both Ubuntu and Xubuntu. By the way tested ifc files work on windows version of fc, and in ifc++ on ubuntu

Sorry for bringing this up again, but really want to make it work

Regards
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

I've just uploaded a package for pycollada 0.6 (currently available: 0.4) to the Community Extras PPA.

This includes a brand-new python3-collada package.

Testing would be appreciated!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

I've just uploaded OpenFOAM 1812 - please give it a try!