Community Extras PPA Announcement & Support Thread: IfcOpenShell, Gmsh 4, freecad-doc translations & more!

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Community Extras PPA Announcement & Support Thread: IfcOpenShell, Gmsh 4, freecad-doc translations & more!

Post by kkremitzki »

https://launchpad.net/~freecad-communit ... ubuntu/ppa

The FreeCAD Community Extras PPA offers several 3rd party packages used by the FreeCAD community, provided for testing, and possibly for future inclusion in FreeCAD itself. Please report any issues you experience with these packages in this thread.

Here's a list of important packages available:
OpenCAMLib
OpenVoronoi
IfcOpenShell
IFC++
salome-smesh
Gmsh 4
Calculix 2.14
Netgen 6.2.1807
freecad-doc 0.17 with translations: Italian & French
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: opencamlib package available on revived FreeCAD Community Extras PPA

Post by sgrogan »

kkremitzki wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:16 pm I've uploaded opencamlib packages for 14.04/16.04/18.04. Please give them a shot and report any bugs! Eventually I'll be adding openvoronoi and salome-smesh to this PPA as well as others, and I'll just update the post title with new announcements.
Awesome!
Would you have any interest in packaging IfcOpenshell? or teach me how to to it? https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 2&start=10
"fight the good fight"
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

sgrogan wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:31 pm
kkremitzki wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:16 pm I've uploaded opencamlib packages for 14.04/16.04/18.04. Please give them a shot and report any bugs! Eventually I'll be adding openvoronoi and salome-smesh to this PPA as well as others, and I'll just update the post title with new announcements.
Awesome!
Would you have any interest in packaging IfcOpenshell? or teach me how to to it? https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 2&start=10
Yep, this is on my list along with ifcplusplus.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

kkremitzki wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:34 pm Yep, this is on my list along with ifcplusplus.
You are going to make more friends than you already have :)
"fight the good fight"
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

sgrogan wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:36 pm
kkremitzki wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:34 pm Yep, this is on my list along with ifcplusplus.
Sounds good to me! Just wait til I get done with my packaging wishlist, some of these engineering softwares will be very welcome additions to the FreeCAD ecosystem.
kkremitzki
Veteran

IfcOpenShell package available on Community Extras PPA

Post by kkremitzki »

Per the title, an experimental IfcOpenShell package is now available for Ubuntu 16.04 & 18.04. I posted this in the IFC subsection of the Arch development forum but figured this might get more eyes.

Currently the package uploaded is Python 3 only as I can't quite get simultaneous 2 & 3 builds working.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: IfcOpenShell package available on Community Extras PPA

Post by kkremitzki »

I updated the package to build Python 2 only instead, and as a result it now builds on Ubuntu 14.04 as well.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

sgrogan wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:36 pm
oh yeah for sure :)
kkremitzki
Veteran

Gmsh 4 package available on Community Extras PPA (Bionic Only)

Post by kkremitzki »

Finally finished my Gmsh 4 package. The builds just failed for Xenial and it looks like it an issue in libcgns-dev which may not be straightforward to fix. So, maybe 18.04 only.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Gmsh 4 package available on Community Extras PPA (Bionic Only)

Post by kkremitzki »

BTW it seems slower.