Feature Request: Killing Internal proccess

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jruiz

Feature Request: Killing Internal proccess

Post by jruiz »

Good Morning.
Sometimes, when I test with FreeCAD, it happens that the internal process that starts running consequently lasts longer than I wish and I would like to kill it without killing FreeCAD.

Wouldn't it be useful that FreeCAD have (for example) a button that allows us to kill these internal processes without having to kill FreeCAD and in this way allows us to make pertinent corrective actions?
Wouldn't it be useful that FreeCAD have some kind of internal proccess monitor.

Regards.
I have uploaded many FreeCAD video tutorials to my YouTube channel
TheMarkster
Veteran

Re: Feature Request: Killing Internal proccess

Post by TheMarkster »

This is something that has been discussed. Unfortunately, there's just not a good, safe way to do it. The good news is there are cases where the OCCT kernel supports using a progress dialog with a cancel option. As a recent example, this is something new for 0.18 with the way the Part -> CheckGeometry calls are now being made. Perhaps more improvements like this can be done as OCCT (hopefully) adds such support to more operations.
jruiz

Re: Feature Request: Killing Internal proccess

Post by jruiz »

TheMarkster wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:02 pm This is something that has been discussed. Unfortunately, there's just not a good, safe way to do it. The good news is there are cases where the OCCT kernel supports using a progress dialog with a cancel option. As a recent example, this is something new for 0.18 with the way the Part -> CheckGeometry calls are now being made. Perhaps more improvements like this can be done as OCCT (hopefully) adds such support to more operations.
Thanks a lot for the information.
I have uploaded many FreeCAD video tutorials to my YouTube channel