Linked constraints don't work with spaces.

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Linked constraints don't work with spaces.

Post by chrisb »

ezzieyguywuf wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:41 pm ...so maybe I am working on Expressions 🤣
That would be highly appreciated!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

If it is forbidden in expression it should be forbidden in labels too IMO, or the users will constantly find that the labels they assigned are useless, and working with the real names of features is really unintuitive. I would prefer if it was allowed using the <<label with space>> sintax but if it is too much trouble I guess it's not worth it
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:08 am I would prefer if it was allowed using the <<label with space>> sintax but if it is too much trouble I guess it's not worth it
And that will raise issues in other places, e.g. if you use labels such as
>>rightmost object or <<leftmost object.

In my experience there are rather few labels used in expressions. And renaming some labels is not such a big deal. In your case it may even be appreciated: you see immediately which items are used in expressions.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.