FreeCAD learning curve

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bejant
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD learning curve

Post by bejant »

Kunda1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:09 am @bejant I resonate with this reply and approach. This should be the standard (reply) questions to this kind of post.

Until we get an explanation of what oldcoder (Ken) did during his attempt to create a drawing of a simple 2D something, and we can re-trace his footsteps, the problems he perceives have basically no chance of being fixed. It would be a huge help if we could see that 2D thing too.

It would be interesting to determine to what extent (if any) the experience Ken has had with other CAD programs for over 30 years, and with other software, may have contributed to the failed 2D drawing attempt because I've seen that sometimes people think FreeCAD should be the same as PutSomeNameHereCAD.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

bejant wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:45 pm It would be interesting to determine to what extent (if any) the experience Ken has had with other CAD programs for over 30 years, and with other software, may have contributed to the failed 2D drawing attempt because I've seen that sometimes people think FreeCAD should be the same as PutSomeNameHereCAD.
Yea, I think you nailed it.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

oldcoder wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:58 pm Gentlemen,
You won't get there with this approach, trust me...
Ken
Hi Ken,
just FYI ;)
phpBB [video]