Type of fixing / bracket...

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Brutha

Type of fixing / bracket...

Post by Brutha »

Hi All,

This is not really a Freecad question, but since I'm doing some design with Freecad involved, I thought it was ok to post!!

I'm building a new computer for my rowing machine, and I need to fix mount a reed switch connected to a replacement front panel. The sensor will go on the end of the bracket where I've highlighted in red.

I thought I could do it with some bracket type arrangement with a bolt going through, so I can adjust the bracket position easily left and right. Does anyone know if the object highlighted in green is a thing with a name that I can actually buy, or is this something I'd have to make myself?

Thanks!

Brutha

PS - thanks to whoever made the fasteners workbench, very impressed with that!
Screenshot 2019-03-08 at 13.45.13.png
Screenshot 2019-03-08 at 13.45.13.png (165.06 KiB) Viewed 492 times
Syres
Veteran

Re: Type of fixing / bracket...

Post by Syres »

I put into Google Search 'tophat section bracket' and it returned similar designs as your highlighted item.
Brutha

Re: Type of fixing / bracket...

Post by Brutha »

Syres wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:07 pm I put into Google Search 'tophat section bracket' and it returned similar designs as your highlighted item.
Aha - yes, top hat seems to be the word I was looking for! Also "stand off" bracket which appeared in connection with it when I searched your term.

Thanks!!!