Pages management and printing

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
efyx

Pages management and printing

Postby efyx » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:33 am

Hi,
this is double-track post:
1) request for *.pdf, *.dwg, *.dxf, *.svg and other formats auto-write-mechanism collecting all drawings from Parts in file, assembly level and main assembly. This should gater all drawings from file and perform save to listed formats.

2) drawings managemenent system (see below):
Pages management.png
Pages management.png (35.7 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Current management collects all drawings on top level, I would suggest to keep drawing of Body in body section, and in top level of tree have "Pages" folder which will collect all links to drawings from files. Drawings files should take bodies names for good recognition and add suffix if there are more than one page. Automatic creation will create files with names added from bodies to pages.
I invite you to the discussion.
Jee-Bee

Re: Pages management and printing

Postby Jee-Bee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:57 am

good proposal!
wandererfan

Postby wandererfan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:27 pm

efyx wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:33 am
I would suggest to keep drawing of Body in body section, and in top level of tree have "Pages" folder which will collect all links to drawings from files. Drawings files should take bodies names for good recognition and add suffix if there are more than one page.
A drawing can contain Views of multiple Bodies, so you can't use the Body's name are the Page name.

Having all the Pages in a single Group(folder) should be possible - you could do that now manually.
pageGroup.png
pageGroup.png (24.05 KiB) Viewed 166 times
pl7i92LCNC

Postby pl7i92LCNC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:35 pm

the body shoudt always be a Partname and PAGE
saying partname_front
partname_cnc
partname ......