Improvements to FreeCAD

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
DingBEN

Re: Improvements to FreeCAD

Post by DingBEN »

Chrisb... I stated to read deep into the posts on that video where actual users of FreeCAD make comments
- yes the video does not mention FreeCAD. (I should have pointed that out and advised to skip, my bad)

Perhaps when I check out anything being bragged about/hyped, I am so used to go to troubleshooting and where things break or cost(maintenance) first, because that is where the truth lies. ...and I save time not watching many videos that way. (sorry)
DingBEN

Post by DingBEN »

sliptonic ... prZemoF
- I refer you to my previous posts where I clearly stated I am not interested in the WIP/github route at this point.
- and no, you will not see my progress on my local installation, only when I get to a level where I can present something(10 months plus)
- most of what I proposed requires little to ZERO programming.
- the word luck for me simply translates to 'hard-work'
triplus
Veteran

Re: Alternatives to FreeCAD

Post by triplus »

DingBEN wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:08 pm never said the software is crap
Exactly, and that was my point too.

P.S. As for the rest, ATM i am not all that sure anymore, on what exactly are you proposing. I thought you said you wanted to help improving the documentation, and now you say you are not interested in that and will rather code. In the end both proposals work for me and therefore good luck for now from my side.
DingBEN

Post by DingBEN »

triplus

rock in the path: [ Unity's Quaternion.EulerAngles ] give that little thought, but a teaser.

I am not sure what you mean("...rather code..."), all work in a project has its respective benefit.
You could have the best ever software(code) and fail due to the fact that you alienate first-comers at a high rate due to crappy support.
It all has to be a clean synergy which does not suffer from either's structure.
Crappy code flow structure will engender a monster of support. Crappy support will do injustice to good code flow structure.

I did not swap from docs to producing code(in FreeCAD) - if I am wrong, bring up what made you think that.
I would really need to read anew everything I posted in this thread, but I normally frame my words to follow a consensus, that way I rarely need to check back on myself.
So, without checking, I am sure you got it all fumbled, perhaps due to github being in the context.
Perhaps because other than me mentioned code !? ...and you sped read thru it and did not catch my responses to each point!
or a typo!!!??? (lol entirely possible)
If you read my posts carefully, mainly I probed for what I sensed would be the standard obstacles I would face.
Do understand that based on the juvenile exchange that resulted, I was able to make my decision on what route to take.

I don't want to continue to pit pat over this.
It is up to at least one of you to take this thread and summarize it correctly and potentially show me I should attempt the faster route, still.
As of now I see too much [who owns what, who seeks glamour, etc.] attached to resistant style rebuttals on a matter that is blatantly obvious, and SIMPLE to resolve.
This does not come from me alone. But I surely had it bite me, and fast make me aware of the remedy.
The fact I found out after being bitten that it is spoken of in more than one place on the Net, only confirms the obvious.

I have been in computer science since the mid/late 70s... I am still to see this sort of issue rectified. FreeCAD is only one grain of sand on that beach.
I have dealt with more Operating Systems then most of you languages. Half of the 15 languages I had to deal with I have placed on the obsolete shelf 30 years ago or more, no longer use them. [ pop and push hold different meanings in Assembler versus Javascript ]
As I had said in a prior reply, I am too seasoned to be made to have to micro respond to/accommodate a herd of loose rabbits in the Easter field.

If anything, the only benefit I will have produced is to have lit a small fire under the arses of those who hold the reins and have failed to see it(the simple matter). ...and perhaps brought in focus that once inside one may settle too comfortably and not realize the perspective from the outside cannot be neglected.

As of now, I rest on my decision.
t.y for your input
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

Please stop telling us how great you are and bad FC is.
Show us what you got!
If all you do is that great it should be easy to convince us and specially @WMayer!
DingBEN

Post by DingBEN »

"... Please stop telling us how great you are and bad FC is. Show us what you got! ..."
You seem good at juvenile comments, and rather poor at comprehension, your comment resolves to YOU having to read the thread from the top, not 'I' having to continue to baby-sit you thru comprehension.

I don't know who WMayer is except he is one who gave me one of the best replies, free of juvenile attitude.

Here is another example of the failure that hurts FreeCAD:
Again READ DEEP INTO THE POSTs... the video sucks! - and I don't care to hear who produced the video, whether it is from an uncontrollable 3rd party or a FreeCAD Member... the result and damage are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOHhbVG3gw4

ok... I am done.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

I don't ask you to baby-sit. I ask you to show that you can do it better.
I use FC now for 3 or 4 years which mean that i know it's weak points but i also know how to work around some of his weak points.
I'm no programmer so i can't make it better even if i want to and have tried it. You say you are and you say [you can do it better] OR [you can make it better].
HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

DingBEN wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:45 am
ok... I am done.
That´s good , bye.....
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

DingBEN wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:45 am I don't know who WMayer is ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

(at least you found a sucking video on youtube).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

DingBEN wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:45 am Here is another example of the failure that hurts FreeCAD:
Again READ DEEP INTO THE POSTs... the video sucks! - and I don't care to hear who produced the video, whether it is from an uncontrollable 3rd party or a FreeCAD Member... the result and damage are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOHhbVG3gw4
I took a look and to be honest i expected much worse. Therefore what exactly is the problem with such FreeCAD video tutorial? As to me it looks OK.