It's Been A While

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
quick61
Veteran

It's Been A While

Post by quick61 »

Hi all, been back lurking for a few days and after a long time away, (coons age), I'm starting to fall back into FreeCAD.

I must say, I am about dumbfounded by the amount of work that has gone into Path, GREAT JOB to all of you on that, (though it still freaks out on cones, must be a tough nut to crack). Both Part and Part Design are looking and working more refined than ever, and overall, a better product form than last time I was using it. Again, great job one and all. It will be a while before I get back into the swing of things and I do have a few questions I'll be bring up over the next few days in their appropriate areas. Till then, it's nice to see so many of you, (and you know who you are ;) ), are still here and plugging away.

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: It's Been A While

Post by wandererfan »

quick61 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:00 pm Hi all, been back lurking for a few days and after a long time away, (coons age), I'm starting to fall back into FreeCAD.
Welcome back! We've missed you. :)
cox

Post by cox »

quick61 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:00 pm I'm starting to fall back into FreeCAD.
Nice to see you back :-), May you fall deep!
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Very good to see you back. You had been one of my FreeCAD teachers who helped me going my first - and second, and third - FreeCAD steps.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Welcome back!
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

Good to see you back :D
quick61
Veteran

Post by quick61 »

Thanks! It will be a minute for me to get back up to speed and know what I am talking about once again. -as if I ever did-

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Welcome Back :D
Hope you and yours are doing well.
"fight the good fight"
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

quick61 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:00 pm I must say, I am about dumbfounded by the amount of work that has gone into Path, GREAT JOB to all of you on that, (though it still freaks out on cones, must be a tough nut to crack).
Hey Mark, Welcome back!

If you've got a file, please send it to me. I'm still collecting troublesome models for my PathTorture repo.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Hi Mark welcome back. I have looked at your account data a few times and wondered where you are. I was thinking of what happened to Roland Frank and I am greatly relieved to here that you have not had a similar experience.

A lot has changed, I got a bigger tractor and a new bull, my kids named the bull "Bertie Boo Boo" and I named the tractor "The Beast". Its not really all that big but 90hp with rear tires nearly as tall as I, its great! Its about 5.5tonnes, 3.3m high, can easily lift a couple of jumbo hay bales at the sametime. Also FreeCAD has advanced heaps! :)

Jim