Change in position of member with the movement of Grid

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Gurbhej Singh

Change in position of member with the movement of Grid

Post by Gurbhej Singh »

Greetings for the day,
I have tried to work if we move the grid, the members which are modelled on the grid lines move or not.

We create a wall on any grid line which we have created with the help of BIM Manage Project option. When I tried to change the position of the grid line, we are not allowed to make changes in X and Y axis. Changes will only take place in Z-axis. Also in Z-axis If we change the position of the grid in V axes grid, all other grids will automatically acquire the same position. Same happens for grids in H axes. As shown in the figure below:-

I also tried the same thing with Revit. In Revit, if move changes the position of the grid line the member which is constructed on the grid will also move (shown in the screenshots below).
Screenshot before changing position of Grid:-

Screenshot after changing position of Grid:-

It is good to have an option which provides the facility to a user that if the user wants to change the position of the members with the movement of the grid or not.

Thank You.
Gurbhej Singh

Re: Change in position of member with the movement of Grid

Post by Gurbhej Singh »

Greetings for the day,
I tried some more work and found that we can also move the grid line in X and Y axis on which a member is created, which according to my last post is not possible.
To move the grid line from tree view double click the Horizontal axes or Vertical axes which we want to move and a task panel opens.

Now fill the value to the axis which we want to move. After changing the value the grid line moves to that value which we provide but also the grid line which comes after that in the list also moves to the same distance.
For example:- In the task panel if we have Four grid lines and we want to move the second grid line and change the value of the second grid line. The third and the fourth grid line also moves to the same distance.

The original position of Gridlines

Position of Gridlines after moving in:-
X-axis

Both X and Y-axis

Thank you.
kisolre
Veteran

Re: Change in position of member with the movement of Grid

Post by kisolre »

The images in your last post don't show here.