node editor - pyflow

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
User avatar
microelly2
Posts: 4439
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:06 pm
Contact:

Re: node editor - pyflow

Postby microelly2 » Thu May 23, 2019 6:23 am

tak wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:12 am
It is working now. But I don't know why there is nothing is propertyView
In my version the property tab is already inside FreeCAD window.
If you start my test_AA examle (left button) you get the node view and the property view as dockwidgets inside FreeCAD.
If you select a node the property tab is filled with the data of the selected node.
tak
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 2:32 am

Re: node editor - pyflow

Postby tak » Thu May 23, 2019 7:05 am

microelly2 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:23 am
tak wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:12 am
It is working now. But I don't know why there is nothing is propertyView
In my version the property tab is already inside FreeCAD window.
If you start my test_AA examle (left button) you get the node view and the property view as dockwidgets inside FreeCAD.
If you select a node the property tab is filled with the data of the selected node.
where is the test_AA example?
User avatar
microelly2
Posts: 4439
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:06 pm
Contact:

Re: node editor - pyflow

Postby microelly2 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:08 am

tak wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:05 am
where is the test_AA example?
I will make a short video at home to demonstrate the current workflow.
User avatar
microelly2
Posts: 4439
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:06 pm
Contact:

Re: node editor - pyflow

Postby microelly2 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:11 am

Does it make sense to implement the grasshopper nodes?
http://rhino.github.io/index.html
making the node editor like grasshopper we can test against the grasshopper use cases.
tak
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 2:32 am

Re: node editor - pyflow

Postby tak » Thu May 23, 2019 8:23 am

when I click tools>property in pyflow
there is an error message.
Image
User avatar
bitacovir
Posts: 724
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:23 am
Contact:

Re: node editor - pyflow

Postby bitacovir » Thu May 23, 2019 6:54 pm

microelly2 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:11 am
Does it make sense to implement the grasshopper nodes?
http://rhino.github.io/index.html
making the node editor like grasshopper we can test against the grasshopper use cases.
This could bring more attention and feedback from Grasshopper users.
::bitacovir::
===================================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

My Blog
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
looo
Posts: 2947
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: node editor - pyflow

Postby looo » Thu May 23, 2019 7:21 pm

microelly2 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 8:11 am
Does it make sense to implement the grasshopper nodes?
http://rhino.github.io/index.html
making the node editor like grasshopper we can test against the grasshopper use cases.
What we really need is a solid implementation of the node-editor itself. This means a concept to go from python objects to nodes in a easy way. What we also need is a modular system where everyone can add nodes easily and provide them via a package-manager or the addon-manager. We should think about a way to support FreeCAD-features, but I think a replacement of the dependency-graph itself is not feasible.
please help with my conda-packaging efforts: https://liberapay.com/looooo/
looo
Posts: 2947
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: node editor - pyflow

Postby looo » Thu May 23, 2019 8:16 pm

@microelly2 this is not working for me :D

Code: Select all

Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print(m)? (fc_flow.py, line 199)
please help with my conda-packaging efforts: https://liberapay.com/looooo/
looo
Posts: 2947
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: node editor - pyflow

Postby looo » Thu May 23, 2019 9:08 pm

@microelly2 any chance you are moving over to python3? There are a lot of stuff not yet compatible with python3 in your modified library... I guess a node-editor not compatible with python3 has not much future.
please help with my conda-packaging efforts: https://liberapay.com/looooo/
User avatar
microelly2
Posts: 4439
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:06 pm
Contact:

Re: node editor - pyflow

Postby microelly2 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:40 am

looo wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:08 pm
@microelly2 any chance you are moving over to python3? There are a lot of stuff not yet compatible with python3 in your modified library... I guess a node-editor not compatible with python3 has not much future.
There are not to many free node-editors available which can be embedded into FreeCAD.
I used some years ago pse (Python simulation editor) but pse is meantime ported from Qt to kivy, and there is no way to bring kivy and FreeCAD together.
https://youtu.be/X659BgaxutQ

PyFlow is already very complex - 30.000 lines of code.
It takes some time to read te source to understand how it works in detail and where FreeCAD can connect.
So my priorities are:

1. Is it possible to implement a use case where the node-editor simplifies the CAD workflow
2. Is it possible to add specific node types for FreeCAD concepts as separate python libraries
3. make Pyflow python3 compatible: PyFlow uses Qt.py and Qt.py is compatible to python 2 and 3 https://pypi.org/project/Qt.py/