"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"

Postby NormandC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:41 am

Hello guys,

I've been getting this error for the past couple of days, I can't attach files anymore. tanderson69 reported the same error.

Is there a forum setting for a "lifetime" limit on attachments for each users?

This kind of sucks, I use this forum feature a lot to help newcomers with example fcstd files... :?
jmaustpc

Re: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"

Postby jmaustpc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:51 am

Hi Norm
This is a test to see if I can attach anything,

Yep! I'm getting the error as well.

We must have reached a forum or project wide limit.

I am going to go back and see if I can find a few of the old files I have posted in the past that I know are of little value, and delete some of them. And then I see what happens.

Back in a bit....

Jim
jmaustpc

Postby jmaustpc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:44 am

For an experiment, I just deleted 3 house files which I posted to help Yorik's debugging Arch workbench that are hence of little value any more.

Now you would think I could add another FCstd file ....

and it worked.
4defaultpartprimitives_just a test.FCStd
(5.09 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
I removed about 60KB and added here about 5KB, so yes, we must have reached a limit.

I wonder if a new forum will be as slow and problematic as the new wiki Yorik tried? @ Yorik do you think we should do a trial migration of the forum?

Should some of us go back through the forum and delete attachments that comply with a set of standards that we all agreed to? For example where the attachment is just a simple thing, only originally posted to demonstrate a bug and where that bug has since been fixed or closed? Another example could be that we could agree to just go through our own posts?

I was thinking that even if just Norm and I went through and deleted everything we have posted that is really not relevant any more, perhaps that might give us heaps of capacity to last until we migrate away from this forum anyway?

What do you think Norm? I admit it does sound like quite a bit or work.

Jim
yorik
Site Admin

Postby yorik » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:02 pm

I made a backup of the files attached to this forum 4 days ago (althought they have weird encoded filenames, so it'll be hard to know what is what in the future) so I think we could safely delete a couple of older, heavier files... I'll have a look if I can do that easily from the admin panel.
wmayer
Site Admin

Postby wmayer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:27 am

There is a setting "Total attachment quota" which is set to 100MB. So, we can simply increase this. It's also possible to set it to be unlimited.
yorik
Site Admin

Postby yorik » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Okay I raised it to 200Mb, this should make us safe up to the point we switch away from hosted apps...
Thanks Werner!
NormandC

Postby NormandC » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Thanks guys. :)