[Solved] Spacemouse not working in .18 AppImage

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: Spacemouse not working in .18 AppImage

Post by jmaustpc »

looo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm
grooveman wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:55 pm I can confirm that my spacemouse now works!
Great!
Thanks for doing this. I don't use spacenav devices myself, but it great to have people here like you who can and do fix this sort of issue. I just wanted to say that you are appreciated ....atleat by me you are.....if the opinion of some random farmer in the Australian outback matters much! :D

By the way, Charlie just asked me what a spacemouse is, can he have some? and can I to ask you if they taste good? ....He's my pet billy goat and although very sweet natured and well behaved he is also amazingly NOT intelligent for a goat. Unlike his girl friend Chloe, who like most goats is very intelligent. the way she often looks at him I could swear she is thinking that he is just such a total idiot! :lol:
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

jmaustpc wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:26 pm Thanks for doing this. I don't use spacenav devices myself, but it great to have people here like you who can and do fix this sort of issue.
+1, more awsomeness from looo :D
Thanks!
"fight the good fight"
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

Thanks guys, but it wouldn't have been fixed that fast if not conda-forge folks helped me configure the recipe. I hope one day there will be other people who are willing to help with maintaining conda-forge recipes for freecad. Currently I have the feeling if I stop work on conda-forge packages a lot of knowledge will be lost.
grooveman

Post by grooveman »

Yes, thank you so much Loo! It is a God-Send to have that again.

For those of you who have not tried one these yet... it is a real hand-saver. I have problems with arthritis and carpel-tunnel (long story), and getting one of these has really helped me enjoy design work again.

@jmaustpc: I hope Charlie gets to try one some time soon, they are so worth it! :D
poleguy

Re: [Solved] Spacemouse not working in .18 AppImage

Post by poleguy »

To build the confidence of others:
I just wanted to report that my 3dconnexion spacemouse is working for me with the AppImage:
FreeCAD_0.19-17646-Linux-Conda_Py3Qt5_glibc2.12-x86_64.AppImage

I'm running on Centos 7, and I'm set up like this:

from epel:
sudo yum install spacenavd
systemctl start spacenavd.service
systemctl enable spacenavd.service
sudo spnavd_ctl x11 start

@looo can I send you beer money?
looo
Veteran

Re: [Solved] Spacemouse not working in .18 AppImage

Post by looo »

poleguy wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:20 pm @looo can I send you beer money?
Best to donate to https://numfocus.salsalabs.org/donate-t ... index.html. These guys help me a lot with the packaging.
TomB19

Post by TomB19 »

grooveman wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:55 pmAgain, for clarity, I'm using a contemporary Gentoo Linux system.
Are you using spacenavd? There are two different SpaceMouse driver packages in Arch.

I have spacenavd installed but have never been able to get a SpaceMouse to work on my linux system with FreeCAD.