Conference

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
amrit3701

Re: Conference

Post by amrit3701 »

hardeeprai wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:49 am Has FreeCAD developers / users ever conducted any conference?

I might be good, if we have one in near future.

What is your opinion?
Are you planning to conduct FreeCAD conference? If yes, I will also take part in the conference. :)
Amritpal Singh
Github, Like my work, sponsor me!
cnirbhay

Post by cnirbhay »

hardeeprai wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:49 am Has FreeCAD developers / users ever conducted any conference?

What is your opinion?
This would be a great initiative. I'm happy to join. :-)
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

A FreeCAD conference in India would be incredible and I would make a mighty effort to attend if it were organized :D
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
reox

Post by reox »

Not sure how many people would come to a freecad developer (?) conference and how large you want to scale it, but maybe it makes sense to use the leverage of a bigger conference and held a FC conference as a sub-track.
For example, here in Austria we have the Linux days and Linux weeks (https://www.linuxtage.at/ https://www.linuxwochen.at/wien/) and there is now a python track in addition and we also had once a mini Debconf in Vienna, which was a nice little conference.
Therefore, it would probably be possible to have something like a FC conference at the Linuxwochen in Vienna.
Tandy

Post by Tandy »

What is your opinion?
I will definitely love to join it may be in India or anywhere else.
It will be a great opportunity for all users new and old to share there new idea in form of conference.
Tandeep singh
hardeeprai

Post by hardeeprai »

shiftee wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:02 am I think he means a FreeCAD conference, similar to the one KiCAD had recently: https://kicad-kicon.com

It might be a nice even for GSOC students to present their work etc.
Thanks for understanding me correctly ;-)

It might be just before or after GSoC's mentor submit.
--
H.S.Rai
hardeeprai

Post by hardeeprai »

kkremitzki wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:44 pm A FreeCAD conference in India would be incredible and I would make a mighty effort to attend if it were organized :D
Yes, we can have it in India. My Institute will provide venue and we do 3 GSoC participants and 2 mentors (IIRC) and many volunteers who work with FreeCAD.
--
H.S.Rai
hardeeprai

Post by hardeeprai »

hardeeprai wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:23 pm
kkremitzki wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:44 pm A FreeCAD conference in India would be incredible and I would make a mighty effort to attend if it were organized :D
Yes, we can have it in India. My Institute will provide venue and we do 3 GSoC participants and 2 mentors (IIRC) and many volunteers who work with FreeCAD.
I have window between November 2020 and Feb 2021. Will Feb be more suitable or Nov? Or Dec or Jan near to Christmas and new year. During Dec Jan weather is extreme cold (but many of you are used to it).
--
H.S.Rai