Missing step in Basic Part Design Tutorial 017

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
AndrewCSP

Missing step in Basic Part Design Tutorial 017

Postby AndrewCSP » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:03 pm

https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Basic_P ... torial_017

Within the section "Feature with pocket and external geometry" at the point "To create pocket which has the sloped rectangle as it´s outlet .....". In the next paragraph beginning "Select New Sketch .." there is no instruction to create the rectangle within that new sketch. There is mention of the "sketched rectangle of the slope" and then "Then you should see the rectangle inside the 3D View." But that last mentioned rectangle is the sloping one, and we haven't created the rectangle in the sketch.
The step should now say something like:
Create a new rectangle within the external geometry.

Also within that paragraph the instruction is to use the spacebar to make things visible/hidden. I did not see any change when I used the spacebar (I think visibility implies a visible change!). I had to scroll a long way down the View section of Sketch003 to find the Visibility property and make sure it stated Visibility: true.

I am using macOS 10.14 Mojave with FreeCAD Version: 0.18.16117.
kisolre

Re: Missing step in Basic Part Design Tutorial 017

Postby kisolre » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:21 am

AndrewCSP wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:03 pm
I did not see any change when I used the spacebar
Because it is behind the "mirrored feature" which you hide in the next step. But toggling visibility should be known to the user before that tutorial. Not sure if there is such tutorial but it is basic navigation/status change.

Instructions to create rectangle after creating the skatch are indeed missing.