Feature Request: Create pocket and pad with included chamfer and fillet option

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mr_cg

Feature Request: Create pocket and pad with included chamfer and fillet option

Post by mr_cg »

FreeCAD is really the best really free CAD software!!!
I am using it now for several years and really almost every design is possible.

There is just one feature which i think would be very useful.
Process is maily to start with pad and then modify with pocket or additional pad.
At the end usually the model will be made nice and smooth by using chamfer and fillet.

For me it would be extremely useful if it would be possible to already add chamfer or fillet for selected sketch to be used for pocket or pad.
At first it will clearly assign chamfer to corners even if changes will be done to earlier layers.
Secondly it will reduce the amount of required features.

Would be great if such option could be added for pad and pocket which is quite similar to the "create hole to selected sketch" feature ... but not limited to holes only.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Re: Feature Request: Create pocket and pad with included chamfer and fillet option

Post by Jee-Bee »

I personal don't prefer fillets and chamfers as addition to a pad or pocket and that for two reasons.
- fillets and champfers are sensitive features in breaking easly so i want to have them as late as possible
- There are to much corner cases where after a set of extrusion features it is better to have the chamfer and / or pockets in the end