What's new on FC 0.19.17646 AppImage ?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
herbk
Veteran

What's new on FC 0.19.17646 AppImage ?

Post by herbk »

Hi,
using the last AppImag i got several error messages if i open a file wich is mostly created/reworkd with the Appimage 0,19.17512, which is just one AppImage release before...

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAHdgDq0/usr/Mod/Draft/Draft.py", line 3684, in attach
    self.onChanged(vobj,"Pattern")
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAHdgDq0/usr/Mod/Draft/Draft.py", line 3710, in onChanged
    if str(vobj.Pattern) in list(svgpatterns().keys()):
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAHdgDq0/usr/Mod/Draft/Draft.py", line 611, in svgpatterns
    loadSvgPatterns()
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAHdgDq0/usr/Mod/Draft/Draft.py", line 581, in loadSvgPatterns
    import importSVG
<class 'SyntaxError'>: invalid syntax (importSVG.py, line 746)
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAHdgDq0/usr/Mod/Draft/Draft.py", line 611, in svgpatterns
    loadSvgPatterns()
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAHdgDq0/usr/Mod/Draft/Draft.py", line 581, in loadSvgPatterns
    import importSVG
    loadSvgPatterns()
    import importSVG
    loadSvgPatterns()
    import importSVG
    loadSvgPatterns()
    import importSVG
    loadSvgPatterns()
    import importSVG
    loadSvgPatterns()
    import importSVG
    loadSvgPatterns()
    import importSVG
    loadSvgPatterns()
    import importSVG
    loadSvgPatterns()
    import importSVG
    loadSvgPatterns()
    import importSVG
    loadSvgPatterns()
    import importSVG

I noticed that the download size has grown by about 40mb, which suggests to me that some bigger changes are includet.

I don't notice a prob at the file and the work with it (until now), so the question is just to get sure...: Should i hold the 0.19.17512 Appimage to be able to work with files before 0.19.17646 ?
Last edited by herbk on Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gruß Herbert
vocx
Veteran

Re: What's new on FC 0.19.646 AppImage ?

Post by vocx »

herbk wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:10 pm Hi,
using the last AppImag i got several error messages if i open a file wich is mostly created/reworkd with the Appimage 0,19.512, which is just one AppImage release before...

Code: Select all

It was fixed in git commit a66c8a313. See pull request #2424.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

We switched to qt5.12, but I guess it's better to use qt5.9 for some more time (it's more stable). So I will switch back to qt5.9 for the next available appimage
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

looo wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:20 pm We switched to qt5.12, but I guess it's better to use qt5.9 for some more time (it's more stable). So I will switch back to qt5.9 for the next available appimage
Best if we don't switch back for now. As the above issue should get resolved once (likely weekend) the mentioned fix lands in Conda/AppImage packages?
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

triplus wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:31 pm Best if we don't switch back for now. As the above issue should get resolved once (likely weekend) the mentioned fix lands in Conda/AppImage packages?
sry, already done.

We can go for qt5.12 for linux. But for osx there is an issue with creating the appimages. As I do not have time to look into this issue in the next two weeks (and as it is most likely a conda-problem) I switched back to qt5.9. This way I can easily continue the weekly builds.

Qt5.12 will come but I guess it was a bit too early (see chrisb post here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 12#p327251)