Ubuntu Freecad stopped working

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
HQFart

Ubuntu Freecad stopped working

Post by HQFart »

HI . . Been using the "PART" workbench for 2 years to make models for my 3d printer. Today it will not longer allow me to use tools like "Bevel" . .all is just greyed out . does not work. . . It seems to get stuck.

first time ever it's stopped working.

I have been using the Ubuntu installed version.

JUst downloaded the linux image of Freecad and that works as normal . . which is good. But it takes a while to load so I would prefer the Ubuntu ver

Anyway . . many thanks to all . . Just thought I would post
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Ubuntu Freecad stopped working

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

depending on your Ubuntu version there are more recent FreeCAD versions in the repository as well.

As for the greyed out tools, it sounds as if you had already another task open. Switch from Model to Task and close the current dialog.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: Ubuntu Freecad stopped working

Post by jmaustpc »

HQFart wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:24 am I have been using the Ubuntu installed version.
Please always post your version data in the manner explained in the forum rules link above the Help forum, as what you have posted is almost meaningless.

Whatever Ubuntu version you are running, it will likely have an extremely old FreeCAD version in its standard repositories, so I hope that is not what you mean. For any sort of reasonable FreeCAD experience you have to add our "release" PPA and the "daily" PPA version can be also installed if you would like to follow development of the next version at the same time as having the release version.