annoying freecad bug on archlinux [Solved] zoom scroll

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rytmenpinne

annoying freecad bug on archlinux [Solved] zoom scroll

Post by rytmenpinne »

I'd like to get to the bottom of thisone; The scrollwheel doesn't work for zooming for some reason, so I have to zoom with ctrl-+ instead which is slightly annoying. I've sort of got used it but I tried draftsight (to check the success of a dxf export) And zooming with the scroll is just so much nicer!!!!

I use v0.13 atm but it's the same with any git build, I've allways had the bug, first I thought it was a really bad feature.... afaik I mentioned it on irc but was told it was an os issue or something...

archlinux with e17, also tried kde and xfce, same thing all over..
nvidia 313.26

is there a way to diagnose?
Last edited by rytmenpinne on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: annoying freecad bug on archlinux

Post by jmaustpc »

The only thing that I know of that could be worth a try, is to go to your home directory and rename you ".FreeCAD" (dot FreeCAD) hidden folder, just on the off chance that there is something in there that is causing the issue. This folder holds the option settings and can hold other things. If you delete this folder (obviously safer to just rename it) then when FreeCAD starts it can't file the directory, so it just creates a new one with default settings. If that doesn't resolve anything then just delete the newly automatically create ".FreeCAD" directory and rename you old one back again to ".FreeCAD". It is possible to have macros and custom modules in this directory however it would do so by default. And if you just rename it, rather than delete it, you can always go back.

Jim
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

is there a way to diagnose?
The most important question: which navigation style do you use? CAD, Blender, Inventor or Touchpad?
philip843

Post by philip843 »

I have the same bug under archlinux.
The settings are at default (CAD navigation).
FreeCAD 0.13 Revision: 2024 (Git) compiled with gcc 4.8 and coin 4.0.0a
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

If you are building FreeCAD from sources you can add a print statement in CADNavigationStyle::processSoEvent to see if the events come trough. Therefore go to the line

Code: Select all

case SoMouseButtonEvent::BUTTON4:
and add

printf("case SoMouseButtonEvent::BUTTON4:\n");
Do it accordingly for

case SoMouseButtonEvent::BUTTON5:
Now compile the sources and start FreeCAD from the terminal. If you use the mouse wheel you should see the messages. If not then your SoQt library might be broken.
rytmenpinne

Re: annoying freecad bug on archlinux[Fixed]

Post by rytmenpinne »

sry, I forgot about this thread!

I first tried to recompile soqt because its alot smaller than freecad and now it now it works, neat! philip843 I suggest you do the same!
jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

Ok, then its a distro package bug! Please make a bug report for your distro. Otherwise lot of other people fall to that error.....
Stop whining - start coding!
rytmenpinne

Post by rytmenpinne »

jriegel wrote:Ok, then its a distro package bug! Please make a bug report for your distro. Otherwise lot of other people fall to that error.....
I see, well it's only available from the aur(unpackaged) .. so there isn't much of a package to bug report on :P I suppose I could leave a comment...