product issue

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Jayro

product issue

Post by Jayro »

Hey all,

I am VERY new to 3d printing. Just trying to print an item I have designed for me. I was hoping/wanting the item to print in a solid state but unfortunately it is basically like honeycomb. Is this how all objects print or is it to do with the design ora setting I need to change? Appreciate any help.

cheers
Attachments
stuffed.jpg
stuffed.jpg (54.53 KiB) Viewed 459 times
kisolre
Veteran

Re: product issue

Post by kisolre »

Without the actual FreeCAD file you used to generate the STL for this print nobody can give you any advice. It is not clear what should this look like. This could be wrong model, wrong slicer settings, problem with the printer,... Please provide extra info.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

It is common that slicers don't print solid models as solids. Usually they use a certain percentage of what they call "Infill". If you set the corresponding slicer setting to 100% it will become solid, if set to 0 it becomes hollow. A value between 15% and 20% is sufficient for many applications.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Jayro

Post by Jayro »

thanks Chrisb. Will have a play around. Appreciate it.