K-Factor in the sheet metal workbench when unfolding

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
andrigtmiller

K-Factor in the sheet metal workbench when unfolding

Post by andrigtmiller »

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.Unknown
Build type: Unknown
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 3.1.3
OCC version: 6.9.1.oce-0.18
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)

I recently have done a sheet metal project, and its been awhile since I last did one, and I have noticed some new features. When you unfold, you now get a prompt that allows you to specify certain attributes. One of those is the K-Factor. To be honest, I didn't know what that was at first, but I did a little research, and discovered what it was, and that it was actually fairly important. So, I calculated it manually for my project, and it came out to .48. The setting page let's you specify the value, but only to one digit, so I could put in .4 or .5, but not .48. It would be nice if you could specify to 2 decimal places. If I'm missing something here, just let me know, but it doesn't let you type more than one digit, if you try to type in the field, and the up and down arrows increment by .1, so it sure seems like you can't specify a two digit value.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: K-Factor in the sheet metal workbench when unfolding

Post by chrisb »

I can specify 3 decimals. Check the decimals in your preferences.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: K-Factor in the sheet metal workbench when unfolding

Post by Kunda1 »

Btw OP, fedora 30 is lagging dependency-wise.

Code: Select all

OCC version: 6.9.1.oce-0.18
You may want to just use the AppImage
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs