[SOLVED] FreeCAD partnership with Software Freedom Conservancy

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD partnership with Software Freedom Conservancy

Post by kkremitzki »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:18 pm
kkremitzki wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:54 pm Would you be interested in trying to help me with this?
Yes. Let me know how.
Great, I've created https://github.com/kkremitzki/freecad-sfc-application which you should have access to, that should hopefully get things started and let me know if you have questions!
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

PrzemoF wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:07 amDead link?
No, just a private repo for the time being, since it has email correspondence in there. I don't think there's any reason to not proceed with the application in an open manner, I just haven't looked at it in so long that I didn't want to start with it being public before things get redacted (and force pushed to prevent history leak). If anyone else wants to take a look or contribute just let me know.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

kkremitzki wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:14 pm If anyone else wants to take a look or contribute just let me know.
Yes, me please!
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

I updated some sections yesterday, we do need core devs to fill in some of the blanks on historical background of the project + proofreading
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

The application has finally been sent off. Thanks Kunda and Yorik for helping to finish it.
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

This is a great news! Thanks for taking care of that :)
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

Just for information. What's the status of the application? What should we expect to change when this partnership begins?
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I'm interested to know as well ;)
Nothing will change once/if the application is accepted I believe, except people will be able to donate to them on behalf of FreeCAD. Then it'll be our job to propose what to do with money. I've started working on this, it just needs a bit more polish then I'll put it here for you guys to have a look.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

It can take a while for the application to be reviewed, IIRC they have monthly meetings to handle it and it's done in order. If we don't hear back from them in a month or two I can reach out to check on the status.