Different planes

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Edduardo

Different planes

Post by Edduardo »

Hello everyone! I´m building an engine, and this piece it´s difficult to make because I´ve got to connect two points in different planes (at least that´s what I think I must do). I tried to do it with Part Design and it looks like this:

This is the blueprints I´m following:

How can I build this piece? :( Thanks for reading! (:

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.13541 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-17
Hash: 9948ee4f1570df9216862a79705afb367b2c6ffb
Python version: 2.7.14
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.2.0
Locale: Spanish/Ecuador (es_EC)
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Different planes

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I would start with a revolve including everything except the small cylinder at the side. Next I would make cuts in X and Y direction. If it is an old engine, thats probably how it was built.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Edduardo

Post by Edduardo »

chrisb wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:50 am Hi and welcome to the forum!

I would start with a revolve including everything except the small cylinder at the side. Next I would make cuts in X and Y direction. If it is an old engine, thats probably how it was built.
Yeah, you were right. But now I have another problem :( I can´t fuse both shapes. A revolve and the pocket

chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I wasn't clear enough: I meant to start with a revolve including the upper ring in PartDesign, thus making the Part->Revolve obsolete.

In the current state you should be able to fusion the Part->Revolve and the body (don't fusion one of the features). Make sure the Part->Revolve is a solid.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.