FC 0.19 select plane for sketch and constraint link problem

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
masterchippy

FC 0.19 select plane for sketch and constraint link problem

Post by masterchippy »

After a recent update I have been having a couple of problems but have not seen anyone else mention.
Firstly in part design I used to be able to create a body then a sketch when it comes to selecting the plane in the panel it highlighted that plane in the drawing. This no longer happens although the plane highlights when clicked on directly and selects in the panel. This is still the case when tried in 0.18/
Secondly in a sketch if I dimension something and name it I could easily reference it in another dimension. In the dimension box I type '=C' and it used to
show the possible constraints. I now have to type the full constraint exactly before it finds it. Is this Something I have started doing wrong or could have changed a setting somewhere? Thanks in anticipation of help
Jamie

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.6.9
Qt version: 5.9.5
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedKingdom (en_GB)
chrisb
Veteran

Re: FC 0.19 select plane for sketch and constraint link problem

Post by chrisb »

masterchippy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:14 pm Firstly in part design I used to be able to create a body then a sketch when it comes to selecting the plane in the panel it highlighted that plane in the drawing.
There are more modes now; you find them in Menu->View->TreeView actions
Secondly in a sketch if I dimension something and name it I could easily reference it in another dimension. In the dimension box I type '=C' and it used to
show the possible constraints. I now have to type the full constraint exactly before it finds it.
see https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 07#p331207
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
masterchippy

Re: FC 0.19 select plane for sketch and constraint link problem

Post by masterchippy »

Thank you knew I was missing something