Anyone willing to collaborate on writing guides for users coming from other CAD/CAM solutions to FreeCAD?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1

Re: Anyone willing to collaborate on writing guides for users coming from other CAD/CAM solutions to FreeCAD?

Postby Kunda1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:53 pm

Celica_Supra wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:22 pm
Nice. That gives me a few more ideas for videos that I can work on after I finish the Corsair up. I can provide some screenshots of the SolidWorks ribbon that highlight the commands and where to find the equivalent in FreeCAD
Fantastic idea! Also your videos are awesome. Some of the highest quality I've seen.

Off topic, some feedback, what would be super helpful is if you have some program running similar to @microelly2 that shows mouse clicks and keyboard strokes. This would also help folks that are more visual then auditory. You can see the app running in his latest vid: https://youtu.be/s0edyPLpnXo
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
Celica_Supra

Re: Anyone willing to collaborate on writing guides for users coming from other CAD/CAM solutions to FreeCAD?

Postby Celica_Supra » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:51 am

Kunda1 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:53 pm
Celica_Supra wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:22 pm
Nice. That gives me a few more ideas for videos that I can work on after I finish the Corsair up. I can provide some screenshots of the SolidWorks ribbon that highlight the commands and where to find the equivalent in FreeCAD
Fantastic idea! Also your videos are awesome. Some of the highest quality I've seen.

Off topic, some feedback, what would be super helpful is if you have some program running similar to @microelly2 that shows mouse clicks and keyboard strokes. This would also help folks that are more visual then auditory. You can see the app running in his latest vid: https://youtu.be/s0edyPLpnXo
Thank you! I'll take a look at the app.
Kunda1

Postby Kunda1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:46 pm

Really great update to the Solidworks wiki page Transitioning_from_Solidworks_to_FreeCAD#Tips section
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features