Feature request: Embed LineGroup.csv like FCPAT.pat in the document

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
IngoMeier

Feature request: Embed LineGroup.csv like FCPAT.pat in the document

Post by IngoMeier »

Hi!
wandererfan wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:00 pm Until quite recently, hatch file locations were stored as absolute file paths. The hatch files are now embedded in the document.
I would like to have the LineGroup.csv embedded like the FCPAT.pat.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Ingo
wandererfan
Veteran

Re: Feature request: Embed LineGroup.csv like FCPAT.pat in the document

Post by wandererfan »

IngoMeier wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:30 am I would like to have the LineGroup.csv embedded like the FCPAT.pat.
Do you have >1 person updating a document? That would be the use case where an embedded LineGroup would be most useful.

LineGroups are generally provide default line weights at object creation time. If you change LineGroups during an edit session the lines you've already created won't change.

All that said, this is a good idea. I'll add it to my TODO list, but it might be good to make a ticket so it doesn't get lost.
IngoMeier

Post by IngoMeier »

wandererfan wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:48 pm Do you have >1 person updating a document? That would be the use case where an embedded LineGroup would be most useful.
And I have another case:
When testing a new version of FreeCAD in a different folder and loading old files, FreeCad complains about missing "Line Set" (Sorry, can't remember the exact phrase).
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

IngoMeier wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:26 pm
Per the guidelines, please do not add your freecad info to your signature as it is dyanmic and subject to change, which will be confusing to anyone reading your older posts.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
IngoMeier

Post by IngoMeier »

Kunda1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:41 pm Per the guidelines, please do not add your freecad info to your signature as it is dyanmic and subject to change, which will be confusing to anyone reading your older posts.
Yes, you are right!. Already deleted.