Upcoming wiki migration, staging server, and downtime

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Upcoming wiki migration, staging server, and downtime

Post by kkremitzki »

I have finally moved the first of our services to Digital Ocean. Part of this change involves moving from e.g. freecadweb.org/tracker to tracker.freecadweb.org. This should however be transparent as all existing links should work.

Ideally everything should be problem-free and significantly faster! If the first part is not quite right please post here to let me know so I can fix it ASAP.

Up next is the wiki.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
vocx
Veteran

Re: Tracker migrated to Digital Ocean, tracker.freecadweb.org

Post by vocx »

kkremitzki wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:57 am ...
Up next is the wiki.
Any downtime expected? A user reported a missing image recently. I thought the wiki had a hiccup. Part Measure Linear wiki page: Error creating thumbnail: File missing
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

That's a holdover of a failed migration attempt from a while back. There shouldn't be much downtime, perhaps an hour or so, and I'll try to announce it in advance.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Email was broken for a while. I am waiting to hear back about credentials for the freecadweb.org mailer, so for the time being mails are being sent out as tracker@freecad.io instead of noreply@freecadweb.org.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

I'm noticing a weird anomaly that I'm not sure how to produce yet. Essentially wheni try to view a ticket sometimes, the tracker spits back my dashboard page instead of the ticket. Can anyone confirm this?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

Mantis wrote: APPLICATION ERROR #503

Invalid upload path. Directory either does not exist or not writable to webserver.
I cannot attach files. I am trying to add logs to issue #4242 and issue #4243.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Just did a chown, the permissions for attachments should be fixed now.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:11 pm I'm noticing a weird anomaly that I'm not sure how to produce yet. Essentially wheni try to view a ticket sometimes, the tracker spits back my dashboard page instead of the ticket. Can anyone confirm this?
If it happens with any regularity you can open the Developer Tools in your browser, go to the Network tab, and enable keeping logs. That should let you inspect what happened after the fact.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Kunda1 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:11 pm I'm noticing a weird anomaly that I'm not sure how to produce yet. Essentially wheni try to view a ticket sometimes, the tracker spits back my dashboard page instead of the ticket. Can anyone confirm this?
I had this too recently. What solved the problem for me was closing and restarting the browser.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Ok, thanks for the feedback, folks. Will keep an eye open.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs