Upcoming wiki migration, staging server, and downtime

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Upcoming wiki migration, staging server, and downtime

Post by Kunda1 »

So far so good. I just did 2 undo's of a page (it was on User hub) I was looking for the 'rollback' option but I may not have permissions for it. I didn't see it on the previous wiki either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Reverting#Rollback
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Sorry about the off topic post. I will try to move that to appropriate place.

Two observations i've made using the new wiki:

1. The Javascript Preview tab is missing when editing a page. I need to push the old fashion Preview button to refresh the page.
2. When clicking on an icon in a command page, say PartDesign_InvoluteGear..click on the icon in the {{GuiCommand}} template on the right side of the screen. It should open to https://wiki.freecadweb.org/File:PartDe ... alGear.svg but instead it skips that intermediate page and opens to the exact location mediawiki stores it. Is that standard ? I didn't test this when we were evaluating the staging wiki.
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

Are DigitalOcean servers blocked in Russia?

See the thread: Can't open wiki since 02 march
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

Kunda1 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:38 am ...click on the icon in the {{GuiCommand}} template on the right side of the screen. It should open to https://wiki.freecadweb.org/File:PartDe ... alGear.svg ...
I did notice this when the new server was not yet the main one.

Essentially, you can click on .png files, but not on .svg files.

See Artwork_Gui. You can click on the backgrounds which are .png, but you cannot click on the icons, which are SVG files.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

The SVG issue should be fixed now with the latest version of the extension. Not sure on the JS-based preview button.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

kkremitzki wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:09 pm The SVG issue should be fixed now with the latest version of the extension.
Thanks!
kkremitzki wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:09 pm Not sure on the JS-based preview button.
Not sure about an ETA or not sure how to fix?
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Not sure on what is supposed to be providing that feature (Mediawiki itself vs an extension) and therefore not sure on where to begin troubleshooting it; I don't see e.g. any JS errors in the console when loading the page.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

kkremitzki wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:21 pm Not sure on what is supposed to be providing that feature (Mediawiki itself vs an extension) and therefore not sure on where to begin troubleshooting it; I don't see e.g. any JS errors in the console when loading the page.
Is this the feature? https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:L ... ve_preview
It sure sounds like it. But I don't see anything in my wiki 'Editing' user preferences
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Other issue: I can't upload SVG files anymore.
Permitted file types: png, gif, jpg, jpeg, webp.
Edit: see https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgFileExtensions
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Updated, SVG uploads should work now. Also, could the setting be Preferences > Editing > "Show previews without reloading the page"?