Status of CadQuery Workbench.

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
keithsloan52
Veteran

Status of CadQuery Workbench.

Post by keithsloan52 »

What is the status and future of the FreeCAD CadQuery Workbench?

I get the impression that CadQuery originally used the FreeCAD API to display Objects but from CQ 2.0 it uses PythonOCC
and therefore the latest version does not work under FreeCAD, Is this a correct understanding
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Status of CadQuery Workbench.

Post by Kunda1 »

good question
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
vocx
Veteran

Post by vocx »

keithsloan52 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:24 pm ... Is this a correct understanding
I remember there was a thread that mentioned what you say.
Always add the important information to your posts if you need help. Also see Tutorials and Video tutorials.
To support the documentation effort, and code development, your donation is appreciated: liberapay.com/FreeCAD.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

There are now 3 different python wrapper libs for occt: pythonocc (swig), pyocct (pybind11) and a new one https://github.com/CadQuery/pywrap .

It seems like pythonocc will release a 7.4 release soon. So in theory it should be possible to use cadquery with pythonocc7.4 in freecad. Not sure about the freecad backend in cadquery. I guess they want to move away from freecad api because it's not really reliable. I once posted the workaround how to import freecad for several plattforms. It's a total mess, while it should be "import freecad"...