Mantis: tracker goes offline and Source Integration misses commits

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Mantis: tracker goes offline and Source Integration misses commits

Post by Kunda1 »

Observation: when the tracker goes offline for some reason so does the capability for the source integration plugin to track the GitHub repository. I guess this is the reason why when I try to link certain tickets in Mantis to their corresponding GitHub commits, it's not possible.

I'm imagining that the commit is not available within the source integration database due to the lapse in connection. Does that sound right? And is there a way that we can keep the source integration updated in spite of this?

Edit: see issue #4276
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Mantis: tracker goes offline and Source Integration misses commits

Post by Kunda1 »

Seems source integration isn't working
https://tracker.freecadweb.org/view.php?id=4087#c14213
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

I increased the number of php-fpm workers and manually ran the import script, please let me know if that helped.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

kkremitzki wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:36 am I increased the number of php-fpm workers and manually ran the import script, please let me know if that helped.
I think manually re-running the import script worked for sure. thanks! I guess that should be part of a workflow, if the tracker goes offline or something?
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

My hope is that increasing the number of workers takes care of it in the future, keep an eye out for it happening again and we can try to narrow down the cause if it does reoccur.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

kkremitzki wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:21 am Ping
Is there still issue with Source Integration plugin ?
It misses eg. this 2 commits : Thanks
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

I just re-ran a manual import. Please let me know if there are still any problems after this so I can try to isolate the cause when/if they reappear.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

kkremitzki wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:23 pm I just re-ran a manual import. Please let me know if there are still any problems after this so I can try to isolate the cause when/if they reappear.
Thanks. I'll keep an eye open and will post to this thread (if i can find it again LOL :( )
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

kkremitzki wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:23 pm I just re-ran a manual import. Please let me know if there are still any problems after this so I can try to isolate the cause when/if they reappear.
Happened again:
https://tracker.freecadweb.org/view.php?id=4254#c14283
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Strange, the server itself didn't go down and I didn't do anything myself either... that points to this being a sporadic issue though which is what I was suspecting.