I'm losing the toolbars

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
JacktheRipper

I'm losing the toolbars

Post by JacktheRipper »

I have the Part workbench set up as my default, and periodically all the toolbars are closed when I start FreeCAD, even though they were properly configured for the last session. Running on W10, and it may be related to restarting W10, but I'm not entirely certain. This forces me to re-display each toolbar, one at a time, a very laborious process. Two questions:
(1) why is this happening and how can I stop it?
(1) it would be nice to have a "restore all" button on View>>Display>>Toolbars, or at least be able to check more than one toolbar at a time.

Here's what I'm running...

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.4 (GitTag)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
Making designs for 3d printing (PRUSA i3 MK3S and Mini+).
JacktheRipper

Re: I'm losing the toolbars

Post by JacktheRipper »

I posted this over two years ago, and never received one reply. This is still happening to me. Is there anybody out there who has experienced this problem? Can anyone explain how this is happening to me? Original post I was running 0.18.??, but now I'm running 0.19.3, and it is still happening.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Related:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=67748

What you can do is create a backup of your user.cfg file. It is also possible to edit the user.cfg to bring the toolbars back.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

FYI latest stable release available is 0.19.4 (soon 0.20 will be released as stable) and whenever you find something that you believe is a bug first thing to do is try if it happens on latest dev version https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... kly-builds in case it was already solved and not waste anyone's time.
In this case we already seen it happening on 0.20 too though.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

JacktheRipper

Post by JacktheRipper »

FYI latest stable release available is 0.19.4
When I go in the front door of the FreeCAD web page, it offers 19.3 as the latest version for W10, and that's what I have been using for the last month at least. I have corrected my signature to reflect that.

In the meantime, what I sense is that my problem may be related to my closing down FreeCAD in some unusual fashion, like trying to restart Windows with FreeCAD open. I've had to do that occasionally when other programs freeze the computer (home networking in W10 is a nightmare, and often causes freezes!). So in the meantime, I'll try to save and close FreeCAD before opening other programs. Thanks all for your insightful replies...
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

JacktheRipper wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:39 am As of 2022-05-25 using version 19.3 on W10.
Please do not use any temporary information in your signature.
When this signature change, all posts using this signature info are 'broken'.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

JacktheRipper wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:39 am
FYI latest stable release available is 0.19.4
When I go in the front door of the FreeCAD web page, it offers 19.3 as the latest version for W10, and that's what I have been using for the last month at least. I have corrected my signature to reflect that.
were? the link at https://www.freecadweb.org/downloads.php points to the 0.19.4 installer, please let us know if there is a page somewhere with outdated info.
As shalmeneser has said putting your version information in your signature is not a good idea, this is also explained here: IMPORTANT: Please read first before asking for help note that just the main version numbers (x.x.x) is must of the time not enough information anyways, we need the full version info with the libraries
david69
Veteran

Post by david69 »

we still read on the page https://www.freecadweb.org/downloads.php

"Current stable version: 0.19.3
Select your desired platform"
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

Click on the download button and you'll get the 0.19.4 version.

@kkremitzki would you update the text on the download page (0.19.4 instead of 0.19.3 - https://www.freecadweb.org/downloads.php)?