FreeCAD 0.19 Stable?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
keithsloan52
Veteran

FreeCAD 0.19 Stable?

Post by keithsloan52 »

I know with FreeCAD it is done when it is done, but how far away is a FreeCAD 0.19 stable version.

With my workbench development I am now being made aware of a number of problems when running with 0.18 which
don't occur with 0.19 and wondering if trying to fix is not the best use of time and should just encourage users to use 0.19
or wait for a 0.19 stable version,
kisolre
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD 0.19 Stable?

Post by kisolre »

I am using only the published dev versions at least since 0.19_pre was introduced. Never had any real problem with them. I am always keeping several already downloaded previous versions just in case something brakes but never actually had to use one.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

0.19 exclusively for almost a year...no problem here. :D
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
keithsloan52
Veteran

Post by keithsloan52 »

Yes I have no problem with 0.19, but as I said in other posts some organisations will NOT use a development version on principal.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I would second this. Many bugs from 0.18 have been fixed and the new stuff is very stable too. 0.18.1 was on the Mac almost unusable. I don't know about later revisons, because I never had to look back - except if I have to check a forum statement or a presumed regression.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.