casual bug info

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bitrat

casual bug info

Post by bitrat »

Hi,

I don't really have time to mess with bug tracker, but I get a few crashes ...maybe down to my slightly fragged ubuntu installation...

I get this fairly reliably on exit from full screen

Code: Select all

x@y:~/FreeCAD$ ./FreeCAD_0.18-16146-Linux-Conda_Py3Qt5_glibc2.12-x86_64.AppImage
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0x12890) [0x7fe7093d9890]
#1  [0x40df3d3c]
/tmp/.mount_FreeCAhG17J0/AppRun: line 28: 10043 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) ${HERE}/usr/bin/FreeCAD "$@"
being an AppImage I have no idea where the corefile actually is, but I could probably find it. I have NVidia Quadro K2200 graphics.
if this kind of info is useful, let me know and I'll try to get a report together. I also have stack traces from some other random crashes, but I've been experimenting a lot. the software seems very stable doing most of the stuff I've tried.

bitrat
PrzemoF
Veteran

Re: casual bug info

Post by PrzemoF »

Reporting bug here first is the right thing - thank you! I hope appimage developer will pick it up.
openBrain
Veteran

Re: casual bug info

Post by openBrain »

Hi. Actually we only have interest in bugs that can still be reproduced in FC 0.19. Typically there have been fixes about full-screen during 0.19 dev cycle. ;)
You can install a 0.19 AppImage and test if you want.