CADCloud: Adding bbcode to the forum ?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
vejmarie

CADCloud: Adding bbcode to the forum ?

Postby vejmarie » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:00 am

Hi,

@sliptonic has had a great idea to push me to implement this ;)

We are progressing with the team (@sliptonic, @yorik and @apeltauer) with CADCloud. I just created an update code which might allow to embed 3D models into the forum. We still have a lot of work ahead, but the idea will be to have something like this

https://justyour.parts/projects/project ... onspring/1

Which could be embedded directly like this

<iframe src="https://justyour.parts/projects/project ... onspring/1" width="960" height="540" border="0"></iframe> and we could fine tune the size of the display if needed.

What might be your thoughts ? I can host on justyour.parts some early models, but everything is open including the CADCloud work.

vejmarie
chrisb

Re: CADCloud: Adding bbcode to the forum ?

Postby chrisb » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:26 am

Impressive! Imagine the models from the Showcase forum!

It worked so far until I hid the model. After that I was not able to display it again - except reloading the page. It then came in a different color. I'm using Firefox on MacOS.
vejmarie

Postby vejmarie » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:25 pm

chrisb wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:26 am

It worked so far until I hid the model. After that I was not able to display it again - except reloading the page. It then came in a different color. I'm using Firefox on MacOS.
That is the goal (the model from the Showcase). And the capability for our developers to easily download models which experience bugs like the one from sliptonic ;)

You can try that one

https://justyour.parts/projects/project ... iogapass/0

It is more complex. I just need to fix a bug from the Tree view which is fixed and not scrolling since we enhance the rendering ;)
ps: If you are in Europe, loading tiogapass might take a few seconds/minute (the model is big)
chrisb

Postby chrisb » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:52 pm

Even more impressive, of course. Switching things on and off works.
vejmarie

Postby vejmarie » Fri May 01, 2020 12:56 am

chrisb wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:26 am

I fixed that issue. You can hide it, and re enable it by clicking into the tree on the left. When hidden the entry is becoming red.
amrit3701

Postby amrit3701 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:35 pm

vejmarie wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:25 pm
That is the goal (the model from the Showcase). And the capability for our developers to easily download models which experience bugs like the one from sliptonic ;)

You can try that one

It is more complex. I just need to fix a bug from the Tree view which is fixed and not scrolling since we enhance the rendering ;)
ps: If you are in Europe, loading tiogapass might take a few seconds/minute (the model is big)
Looks cool! Just want to know why speed of showing model is slow? Are you running FreeCAD on the web?
vejmarie

Postby vejmarie » Fri May 01, 2020 5:47 pm

amrit3701 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 5:35 pm
vejmarie wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:25 pm

You can try that one

Looks cool! Just want to know why speed of showing model is slow? Are you running FreeCAD on the web?
Hi,

No FreeCAD is used in server mode to convert the original model which is stored into an object storage solution (minio) to Wavefront OBJ format. The file is then sent to your browser client in 3D map and rendered by your browser. This is using WebGL technology in the end to render. Which model did you tried ? Some of them are big and requires quite a bit of memory (that will be the same case with FreeCAD by the way).

If you speak about download speed which might look like slow, it is coming perhaps from the latency that you have with the server which is currently only in Oregon (USA). Where are you based (if you mind to share)?

vejmarie