Call for screenshots

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
arcol

Re: Call for screenshots

Post by arcol »

rockn wrote: The wooden roof is made with a Draft Path Array along a Spline.
I see, your roof is working, no error in your model. (the small one above the entrance). Kind of disappointing... :)

Also the woods are not properly modelled, just placed one inside another.
So if you want to make it in real world, you can't have them precut, you need to do it onsite,
which is always result in errors and gaps here and there.
On the other hand you even placed the bolts and nuts in the wood columns.
So attention on details on one hand, and overlook on another part of the model.

Just wondering, if the wood in the pergola should not be vertical. In your model it follows the curve.
Maybe your approach is better (more light can pass through the roof).
Searching through the internet following the curve is more common:

Really nice model, and clean modelling technic. Only you need to finish the wooden pergola for manufacturing... :)
rockn
Veteran

Post by rockn »

arcol wrote: I see, your roof is working, no error in your model. (the small one above the entrance). Kind of disappointing... :)
Ah this roof ! No I have same problem than you when I want to cut the wall directly with it. Look inside Wall object, I model a solid to cut the wall. :(
arcol wrote:Also the woods are not properly modelled, just placed one inside another.
Yes of course, it's the next step. The model was made in only few hours.
There is some work to do on the big arches, they have to be sectioned at least in two parts and connected with metal connector.
Also the beam have to be cut a intersection, I think I will make this by cutting the original beam, same for modelling the drilling hole at each intersection.
There is also also two beams that need to be longer to be connected on the building wall. And as I have no control inside a Draft Path Array to exclude some part of the array, I think I have to downgrade the Array once the beam are well modeling and add the longer beam. Or I can hide the unwanted beam by making a boolean cut with a bigger Box.
About vertical or inclined, it's an aesthetic choice. But inclined is more easy to machining : no need to machining the big arches and it's the same cutting for each beam.
Formations - Assistance - Développement : https://freecad-france.com
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

@rockn

Great work. Always nice to see architecture work can cope with mechanical engineering part in FreeCAD. And that it is is not only up to the tool (software used) to push the boundary there is still human factor involved.
TheNo1Odor

Post by TheNo1Odor »

Some time ago I participated to a contest with some simple designs, for which I used FreeCAD.

Here they are (the screenshots are within the pages): Also I helped my niece for the same contest with these designs:
hhassey

Post by hhassey »

This is a Rocket engine I was working on for Drag Racing.
Attachments
Motor_Cohete.png
Motor_Cohete.png (303.01 KiB) Viewed 25226 times
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

mickleclarck wrote:All of doing great job. I just like your creativity. I want to share my creation. But I don't know how. Any suggestion please?
Thanks in advance for help.
When writing a post look just below the text input box...Attachments...click on it and then "add file".

If your FreeCAD file is too large then you have to either make it smaller or host it somewhere else and just add a link to it. Create a screen shot and add it to your post.

If your design is complex, sometimes you can create a Part WB simple copy...then delete the creation history to make the file small enough to add here.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

Hi Yorik and all,
starting from IDF Mod importer and FreeCADPCB Mod, I developed a script to export kicad board and modules in STEP AP214 (with colors).
Kicad StepUp allows the user to modeling the 3D modules starting from FreeCAD (instead of using Wings3D), creating models in STEP AP214 and rendering the pcb board and components in native STEP AP214.
Designing in kicad native 3d-viewer will produce a fully aligned STEP version with the same view/dimensions of kicad 3d render.
Now you will have the two words with the same appearance; one can design in kicad EDA and transfer the artwork to MCAD (FreeCAD) smoothly.
Here there are the two CAD viewers compared
kicad 3d-viewer
FreeCAD with the board and modules
FreeCAD with the board and modules with bounding box option
The idea under the script is to have a VRML library in kicad aligned to the STEP lib, and just designing in kicad as usual.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/kicadstepup/
Maurice
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Looking good.
felix

Post by felix »

I do not know if it's late, but I leave this picture to have a piece of furniture.

Félix
Attachments
mueble-con-cajones.png
mueble-con-cajones.png (381.74 KiB) Viewed 25259 times
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

It's never too late :) I like the exploded view!