0.19 stable

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mendy

Re: 0.19 stable

Post by mendy »

Further example I forgot
https://code.blender.org/2020/05/long-t ... w-homepage
Even with funding, staff the LTS stable still needs updates. I have 2.83.0 and current is at 2.83.4.
Think it is basically like 0.19 daily with ongoing developement and fixes from 0.xx daily version
Yes different user base where groups of people work on a single project over a period of years.
I rarely use and when I do it is usually side by side following a youtube video. (did one where at point screen was total mess
and youtube instructor said my screen should look like than and just push this obscure button and it was fixed)

Agree with scenario by:
drmacro wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:14 pm In an evolving piece of code this is unavoidable. So, there will, most likely, be 0.19.x and/or daily builds (for feature intros and bug fixes).
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

chrisb wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:41 am It seems to be time to get 0.19 stable. Without much ado.
kkremitzki wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:39 pm Yes please, unless there's anything pressing, we should tag 0.19 ASAP
Any news on this ? What is holding back ?
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

wmayer wrote: ping in case you missed this thread
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

It's about time, please.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

+1
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

kkremitzki wrote:
wmayer wrote: ping in case you missed this thread
for some reason @wmayer is quite good in ignoring this type of topics :o
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Hi all, rather than harassing Werner, :) perhaps it would be better to
1) try to work out which bugs in the bug tracker can and should be fixed
2) similarly with the current pull requests
3) maybe have a word with the various key/workbench specific developers and see if they are ready or if they can be ready soon

The first two sound easy to say but is quite some work, but the third shouldn't be so bad, I could do 3, I suppose.

Regarding 2), anyone with a build setup should at least be able to bug test the operation of pull requests to look for bugs even if they don't have a good or any understanding of the code. Just posting to the pull request topic with "this compile here on xyz o/s and seemed to function as expected" could help.

Regarding 1) at the least anyone could test and confirm that old bugs still exist in current FreeCAD.

Jim
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

As these are regressions (at least the expressions bug is) I would highly appreciate if they are tested by the community in order to support Werner:
expression PR
group change PR
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

chrisb wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:11 pm As these are regressions (at least the expressions bug is) I would highly appreciate if they are tested by the community in order to support Werner:
expression PR
group change PR
Good point. How do we make these PRs accessible for testing beyond 'power users'?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Can someone of the self compiling users provide a package? Ezzieyguywuf is already doing a code review of the expressions. So we would be on a good way to support Werner.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.