Offering my servers to build FreeCAD, realthunder's fork and PRs

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Re: Offering my servers to build FreeCAD, realthunder's fork and PRs

Post by jmaustpc »

Cyclonit wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:27 pm The servers are located in a professional datacenters, but they are not storage optimized.
I misunderstood, I thought you meant that they were some old or spare or unused physical survers in your house or business, on some home or low end business Internet connection plan.
looo
Veteran

Post by looo »

What do you think about self-hosted-azure-pipelines:
https://www.clouddev.engineering/azure- ... ld-agents/

This way some of the more heavy dependencies of freecad are able to run on the server. Currently heavy libraries like qt need too much time to finish building (6hours azure limit):
https://dev.azure.com/conda-forge/feeds ... ew=results
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

I have already finished setting up on Cyclonit's server. The build script should be able to automate a daily build. Anyone has any idea how to host the daily build for others to download? I don't want to host this directly on Cyclonit's server obviously.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

realthunder wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:45 am Anyone has any idea how to host the daily build for others to download?
I am out and about on my phone just now, so I haven't researched this suggestion, but can't you just push it to your Github account as a downloadable asset, like we do with FreeCAD master snapshots etc. ? There would be capacity limits I guess but if you have nothing else in your account's downloads I guess they would allow it. I could be wrong.
Cyclonit

Post by Cyclonit »

looo wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:09 pm What do you think about self-hosted-azure-pipelines:
https://www.clouddev.engineering/azure- ... ld-agents/
That sounds like a good idea to tie in the servers into the existing infrastructure.
jmaustpc wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:16 am
realthunder wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:45 am Anyone has any idea how to host the daily build for others to download?
I am out and about on my phone just now, so I haven't researched this suggestion, but can't you just push it to your Github account as a downloadable asset, ...
According to https://docs.github.com/en/free-pro-tea ... t-releases there is only a 2GB limit on every individual file added to a release. There are no limits to a release's total size or bandwith usage. Using GitHub for publishing the assets keeps everything in one place.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Cyclonit wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:39 am Using GitHub for publishing the assets keeps everything in one place.
Is this still active?

If we could build the offline docs here it would be cool.
Full disclosure I haven't succeeded locally. If we could figure this out maybe we could update the docs a few times during a dev cycle.
Yorik does this all now. Even if the CI doesn't continue here we could port it to a different service.

Anybody want to create a working group to try?
"fight the good fight"
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Cyclonit

Post by Cyclonit »

sgrogan wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:10 pm Using GitHub for publishing the assets keeps everything in one place.
Hi sgrogan, yes it certainly is. Realthunder and kkremitzki have acces to the servers. Though I didn't have any spare time to check in with them since my last post.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Cyclonit wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:44 pm
sgrogan wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:10 pm Using GitHub for publishing the assets keeps everything in one place.
Hi sgrogan, yes it certainly is. Realthunder and kkremitzki have acces to the servers. Though I didn't have any spare time to check in with them since my last post.
bump.. we should do this, sgrogan
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

realthunder wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:45 am I have already finished setting up on Cyclonit's server. The build script should be able to automate a daily build. Anyone has any idea how to host the daily build for others to download? I don't want to host this directly on Cyclonit's server obviously.
did you find a host?

An aside, I really would love it if we had daily appimages