Bugs/Issues Blocking v0.19 Release (+ WB/Addon devs check-in about Roadmap for 0.19 release)

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
saso
Veteran

Re: Bugs/Issues Blocking v0.19 Release (+ WB/Addon devs check-in about Roadmap for 0.19 release)

Post by saso »

It is not a critical issue, but I would find it as a nice usability improvement if we could Pan support with mouse in the Dependency graph view, and I am guessing that it would not be to much of an effort to add it? :roll:
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Bugs/Issues Blocking v0.19 Release (+ WB/Addon devs check-in about Roadmap for 0.19 release)

Post by Kunda1 »

saso wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:57 pm Pan support with mouse in the Dependency graph
I believe there is an issue open for this already? Care to find it?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Please don't let this topic get degraded to a wish list for 0.19. It is about blocking issues, and time is running as we get more and more requests because AddonManager is broken in 0.18.
If 0.19 will take much longer I would like to see the fix backported.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

chrisb wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:37 am Please don't let this topic get degraded to a wish list for 0.19. It is about blocking issues, and time is running as we get more and more requests because AddonManager is broken in 0.18.
If 0.19 will take much longer I would like to see the fix backported.
Good point. Another thread can be created for this. Thanks for keeping us on task @chrisb
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

Maybe these ones are not crucial but they are unsolved...

TechDraw WB ArchView only shows objects if section plane cuts through them
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=50242

ArchWB Transparent Walls
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=49480

DraftWB Problem with Draft Move + Copy + Undo + Recompute
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=51093

Web Tool FreeCAD does not load IFC file from a BIMServer revision
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=50586
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Added issue #4296: crash in sketcher when deleting external reference on broken sketch
to the list
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Kunda1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:02 pm issue #4296: crash in sketcher when deleting external reference on broken sketch
Please remove it from the list, it is fixed (just retested).

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.22756 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: ce87f586ee36ffe8ebcdcd3947ced4ab389ae795
Python version: 3.8.6
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: C/Default (C)
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

chrisb wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:40 am
Kunda1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:02 pm issue #4296: crash in sketcher when deleting external reference on broken sketch
Please remove it from the list, it is fixed (just retested).
Done Thanks! :D
Pauvres_honteux

Post by Pauvres_honteux »

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:08 pm ... decluttering the bugtracker.
Isn't the choise of wording a bit patronizing, would you say?
I do not consider my issues as clutter and I'm sure few of the other issuers think of their issues as clutter either.
Further, my issues in your lists are not sorted but they are not marked as "everyone must stop what they are doing and fix this immediately", i.e. they can't possibly be show stoppers for 0.19. So how did you come to the conclusion that the issues in your lists are clutter?
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Pauvres_honteux wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:43 am
Kunda1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:08 pm ... decluttering the bugtracker.
Isn't the choise of wording a bit patronizing, would you say?
I do not consider my issues as clutter and I'm sure few of the other issuers think of their issues as clutter either.
Further, my issues in your lists are not sorted but they are not marked as "everyone must stop what they are doing and fix this immediately", i.e. they can't possibly be show stoppers for 0.19. So how did you come to the conclusion that the issues in your lists are clutter?
Oh yea... I can see your point. I assure you I didn't mean to come across as diminishing or sounding pejorative. I especially don't think of your contributions as clutter. My thinking is that of triage (a buddhist would say I am thinking like a do-er and not being). I see a bunch of tickets and get them where they need to be.

Technically though, there is and has been clutter in the bugtracker, unfortunately. And that is because many users don't follow our guidelines for how to open a ticket. There are many cases when they just open a ticket without reading the annoying large yellow banner at the top of the bugtracker page. Many tickets aren't created because they are solved in the forum itself and that is what we want to emphasize. But users circumvent this issue for 1 reason or another. There are also 'Rage Tickets' where users are infuriated and offended (perhaps because they feel entitled?) by FCs 'poor' UI or <insert your FC pet peeve here>. I would consider that clutter as the definition you describe above. Honestly triage is tedious and annoying sometimes. But we need to do it to move things forward.

Nevertheless, thanks for the reminder. I hope to remember this in the future even if I'm in my 'do-er' mind. :mrgreen:

Edit: typos
Edit2: went back and edited the offending posts. ;)