Sverchok and FreeCAD

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bitacovir
Veteran

Re: Sverchok and FreeCAD

Post by bitacovir »

In the last version of BlenderBIM Addon there are 16 New IFC visual programming nodes for Sverchok, including:
Read IFC node
Create IFC node
Write IFC node
Create Entity node
By ID node
By Guid node
By Type node
By Query node
Select Blender Objects node
Create Shape node
IFC Add node
IFC Remove node
Generate IFC Guide node
Read entity node
Get property node
Get attribute node

So. now we can work IFC from BlenderBIM+Sverchok with FreeCAD (that already includes IFC in the ArchWB)

https://community.osarch.org/discussion ... ase#latest
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Can someone start a roadmap for FreeCAD/Sverchok related development targets ? Also a place for documentation on how to install/compile + Usage?
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:28 pm Also a place for documentation on how to install/compile + Usage?
Isn't the palce for that the sverchok repo?
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:28 pm Can someone start a roadmap for FreeCAD/Sverchok related development targets ? Also a place for documentation on how to install/compile + Usage?
I was unaware there is a "FreeCAD/Sverchok related development targets"...

I have begun to produce an intro video on the usage...it needs other eyes to review. (it is quite crude, since I'm figuring out all the video production tools. :roll: ).
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

drmacro wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:43 pm I was unaware there is a "FreeCAD/Sverchok related development targets"...
It seems like there is natural progression growing (recently we had FC Read nodes added to Sverchok). So yea... I think there's an unannounced intention to keep exposing more of FC's API to Sverchok.
drmacro wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:43 pm I have begun to produce an intro video on the usage...it needs other eyes to review. (it is quite crude, since I'm figuring out all the video production tools. :roll: ).
Awesome! Feel free to let us know (I think @MisterMaker, @Rastart, myself, and others would be interested!)
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:04 pm
drmacro wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:43 pm I was unaware there is a "FreeCAD/Sverchok related development targets"...
It seems like there is natural progression growing (recently we had FC Read nodes added to Sverchok). So yea... I think there's an unannounced intention to keep exposing more of FC's API to Sverchok.
Hmm...I've been using it for sometime. It has been recently updated, but it has been available for a while.
drmacro wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:43 pm I have begun to produce an intro video on the usage...it needs other eyes to review. (it is quite crude, since I'm figuring out all the video production tools. :roll: ).
Awesome! Feel free to let us know (I think @MisterMaker, @Rastart, myself, and others would be interested!)
On YouTube:
https://youtu.be/OsclQbRldrs/

As I noted earlier, it is a bit crude, but I wanted to capture the basic usage before I forgot.

I'm thinking about doing additional videos to cover material node and animation nodes...
Last edited by drmacro on Fri May 27, 2022 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Wait..wut?!? :shock: :o
That's amazing and way more advanced than I thought the capacity of sverchok/FreeCAD was!
Can you explain what we see here?
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Ok, so github doesn't like big videos. :(

So, I put it on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/nFl7D9kFbsg
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Kunda1 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:44 pm
Wait..wut?!? :shock: :o
That's amazing and way more advanced than I thought the capacity of sverchok/FreeCAD was!
Can you explain what we see here?
What you see there is Sverchok nodes to get the FreeCAD solids, material nodes, background environments, and animation nodes.

It is actually rather trivial to do once you get into it...far simpler than any offering that I've seen in FreeCAD. But, note, that's NOT knocking FreeCAD, Blender is never going to be a complete mechanical CAD system and FreeCAD is never going beat Blender in the photorealistic animation...but each can take advantage of it's strengths.

Take a look at the real video I posted on YT.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Thanks for the explanation and uploading it to YT!