How can I delete my FreeCAD Forum account?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
MatCAD

How can I delete my FreeCAD Forum account?

Post by MatCAD »

I want to delete my FreeCAD Forum account that I'm using right now.
  • I haven't found any option on the website to do this
  • I sent a message to the admins via a form, but got no response for weeks now.
  • I sent a private message to one of the moderators, but my message got stuck in the Outbox, and is not properly sent
So how can I delete my account from here? Does anybody know it?
wmayer
Founder

Re: How can I delete my FreeCAD Forum account?

Post by wmayer »

So how can I delete my account from here? Does anybody know it?
You can't do this. Only an admin can delete your account.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Your posts occur in some discussions, all from 2014. It would probably be difficult to remove them too. Jim may disable your account.
jmaustpc wrote: pinged by pinger macro
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
MatCAD

Post by MatCAD »

Since my private message reply again landed in the Outbox instead of being properly sent, like one would expect, I'm posting my answer to wmayer here too:

Hi,

no, my posts don't have to be deleted, just my account, email address, IP address, and any other identifiable information you guys logged of me. And I mean hard-delete, not disable, lock or suspend. Can you do that?
HardRock

Post by HardRock »

Have a problems with law? :lol:
bavariaSHAPE

Post by bavariaSHAPE »

I would also be interested in how this is done here in the forum. It cannot be due to the forum contributions. I could close my Twitter account without any problems, despite the many contributions
… for a happy FreeCAD-World … JM2C …
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The FreeCAD forum is not linked to Twitter.
I am happy though for everyone who cares and doesn't to spread his data carelessly. However, here we just use some predefined forum software which obviously doesn't support removing accounts very well, so it would be a major effort to change it. perhaps it's time think about a different system.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Ettore-P

Post by Ettore-P »

HardRock wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:12 am Have a problems with law? :lol:
Actually, without this function, the forum could have law problems in EU due to the GDPR regulamentation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_D ... nd_erasure)
Ettore
bavariaSHAPE

Post by bavariaSHAPE »

chrisb wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:59 pm The FreeCAD forum is not linked to Twitter.
I am happy though for everyone who cares and doesn't to spread his data carelessly. However, here we just use some predefined forum software which obviously doesn't support removing accounts very well, so it would be a major effort to change it. perhaps it's time think about a different system.
OK, my english is not the best. I know that the FreeCAD forum is not linked to Twitter. My advice was only about the number of forum posts that seem to be the problem for the deletion. At the present time, deleting an account is an important issue.
I would be interested, where is the forum hosted?
bavariaSHAPE

Post by bavariaSHAPE »

bavariaSHAPE wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:38 pm
chrisb wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:59 pm The FreeCAD forum is not linked to Twitter.
I…
OK, my english is not the best. I know that the FreeCAD forum is not linked to Twitter. My advice was only about the number of forum posts that seem to be the problem for the deletion. At the present time, deleting an account is an important issue.
I would be interested, where is the forum hosted?
[Solved] In the meantime I found out where the forum is hosted. Not only the users should care about their data. The provider is also obliged to answer inquiries based on the legal time frames and to comply with the requests.