Loft to solid not available

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
photosfromrob

Loft to solid not available

Post by photosfromrob »

There is supposed to be a loft to solid option and a solid option under the property tab, neither are available to me. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix it so I have the loft to solid option?

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.18.4 (GitTag)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-18
Hash: 980bf9060e28555fecd9e3462f68ca74007b70f8
Python version: 3.6.6
Qt version: 5.6.2
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: English/UnitedStates (en_US)
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Loft to solid not available

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The image is not visible. Don't link pages containing images in the image tag, link the image itself or upload it here. Even better is often a file to look at.

You seem to use PartDesign. Lofts are always solid there. If they aren't you have made some other mistake, such as using an invalid sketch.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

photosfromrob wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:02 am There is supposed to be a loft to solid option and a solid option under the property tab, neither are available to me. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix it so I have the loft to solid option?
Sounds like you are confused between Part WB Loft and PartDesign WB AditiveLoft. Two different workbenches, similar but different tools.

Why do you think "there is supposed to be"? If you read it somewhere please post a link.

Also FreeCAD 0.18.4 is now rather old, the dev branch 0.19 is now well over 6 thousand bug fix and new feature updates beyond 0.18.4, I strongly suggest that you update to the latest snapshot of 0.19 available for your platform.
photosfromrob

Post by photosfromrob »

I use partdesign, I don't have the solid option
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Read my post above. You don't need it.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
photosfromrob

Post by photosfromrob »

I've read your post and appreciate the input. If you're correct, can you please explain to me why Freecad gives my the error "performing union on non-solids is not possible"
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

just a guess. ;)

trying do a Part Design workbench boolean on a object created in the Part workbench?
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
photosfromrob

Post by photosfromrob »

I'm using partdesign, thank you for your reply
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

have you done a geometry check to confirm the solids you are attempting to union are valid?
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

photosfromrob wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:37 am I've read your post and appreciate the input. If you're correct, can you please explain to me why Freecad gives my the error "performing union on non-solids is not possible"
As drmacroi said, something in your file is not valid. my best guess is that you have a non-valid sketch.

Is this error message the reason why you think there is supposed to be a "make solid" option? Or have you read this somewhere, please explain, if it is written in error somewhere we want to know and fix it.

If you post the file, we could likely find the error and fix it in a few seconds.