Bugtracker category Raytracing is now obsolete or mis-named since RenderWB has superceded it

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1
Veteran

Bugtracker category Raytracing is now obsolete or mis-named since RenderWB has superceded it

Post by Kunda1 »

So Raytracing WB was deprecated in favor of Render WB. We still have a bugtracker category called 'Raytracing'. How should we proceed?
We rename it?
Deprecate it?
Close all tickets and move them to the Github RenderWB repo?
howetuft wrote: pinged by pinger macro
yorik wrote: pinged by pinger macro
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
howetuft

Re: Bugtracker category Raytracing is now obsolete or mis-named since RenderWB has superceded it

Post by howetuft »

AFAIC, I would vote for renaming it into Render... It would be a convenient way to collect bugs, we can reference it in Render's Readme!
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Bugtracker category Raytracing is now obsolete or mis-named since RenderWB has superceded it

Post by Kunda1 »

You would prefer mantis to github tickets?
It is technically an external workbench
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Besides, Raytracing bug/features likely won't translate "as is" to Render..
I'll have a look there and try to migrate or close what is possible
howetuft

Post by howetuft »

@Kunda1 After a bit of thinking: yes, you must be right, one entry point, in Github, might be more readable for user.
I agree with @Yorik's triage approach, I will join my efforts.