Departure of microelly2, Abfahrt von microelly2, moderator, developer

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Departure of microelly2, Abfahrt von microelly2, moderator, developer

Post by jmaustpc »

Unfortunately I have to announce the departure of Thomas "microelly2". Due to changes in his life, he will be unlikely to be around here for the foreseeable future. He has consequently resigned from his moderator status.

To be clear, he is departing on good terms. He is very welcome to come back at anytime in the future, if he is willing and able to do so. If he does return some time in the future, he will be reinstated as a Moderator if he is interested in doing so.

Thomas has been a valuable member here for more than seven years and has been a moderator for approximate the last three of those years. He was active in both the German and English forums, as well as in development. He is the author of 5 of the external workbenches in our wiki.

On a personal note, I have always liked and respect Thomas and enjoyed having him here. It was myself (with the agreement of the other team members) who asked Thomas to become a moderator three years ago. It saddens me that I now have to remove his moderator status and write this post farewelling him.

I sincerely wish him well.

Jim

Translated by Google.

Leider muss ich die Abreise von Thomas "microelly2" ankündigen. Aufgrund von Veränderungen in seinem Leben wird er auf absehbare Zeit wahrscheinlich nicht hier sein. Infolgedessen ist er von seinem Moderatorstatus zurückgetreten.

Um klar zu sein, er reist zu guten Konditionen ab. Er ist herzlich eingeladen, jederzeit wiederzukommen, wenn er dazu bereit und in der Lage ist. Wenn er in Zukunft wiederkommt, wird er als Moderator wieder eingestellt, wenn er daran interessiert ist.

Thomas ist hier seit mehr als sieben Jahren ein wertvolles Mitglied und hat in den letzten drei Jahren ungefähr moderiert. Er war sowohl im deutschen als auch im englischen Forum sowie in der Entwicklung aktiv. Er ist Autor von 5 externen Werkbänken in unserem Wiki.

Persönlich habe ich Thomas immer gemocht und respektiert und es genossen, ihn hier zu haben. Ich war es (mit Zustimmung der anderen Teammitglieder), der Thomas vor drei Jahren gebeten hat, Moderator zu werden. Es macht mich traurig, dass ich jetzt seinen Moderatorstatus entfernen und diesen Beitrag schreiben muss, um mich von ihm zu verabschieden.

Ich wünsche ihm aufrichtig alles Gute.

Jim

Übersetzt von Google.
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Departure of microelly2, Abfahrt von microelly2, moderator, developer

Post by Kunda1 »

This is such a bummer. microelly2 is brilliant and such an important part of the FC evolution.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

I would just like to put here the link to his youtube videos, showing some of his amazing work, where one often gets to the question...

FreeCAD can do this ??!?!! :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/user/microelly/videos
galou_breizh

Post by galou_breizh »

Thanks a lot, Thomas! I really appreciated your work!

Gaël
kwahoo

Post by kwahoo »

saso wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:45 pm I would just like to put here the link to his youtube videos,
And FreeCAD Buch

Thanks Thomas!
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Thanks @microelly2 for doing lots of works and providing assistance to users including myself :D
RatonLaveur

Post by RatonLaveur »

Thank you so much for all you did!
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

Thanks for all your work!
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
Chris_G
Veteran

Post by Chris_G »

Thanks Thomas for all your contributions and help.
I wish you all the best, and I hope you'll be back.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks Thomas!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.