Issues padding a sketch

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
robotmax13

Issues padding a sketch

Post by robotmax13 »

I am a brand new user of FreeCAD and so far it's going great but I've made a sketch and it is not allowing me to pad it for some reason. It keeps giving me this error "Failed to validate broken face" and I don't know what that means or how to fix it. If I could get some help that would be great!
drmacro
Veteran

Re: Issues padding a sketch

Post by drmacro »

This probably means that one or more of the end vertices are not coincident.

The physical proximity of the vertexes does not imply coincidence.

It is essentially a property that must applied between the two vertexes. (for more complicated sketches the validate sketch tool may be used)

Try to drag your lines, if they come apart, then select the vertexes and apply the coincident constraint.

The other thing could be you have T junctions or self intersecting profiles, ot nested profiles more than one level.

Of course with o information (like a file) or your system info as requested in the link the big pink banner above...this is all just speculation. :mrgreen:
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."