Forum maintenance today

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
paullee
Veteran

Re: Forum maintenance today

Post by paullee »

Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

kkremitzki wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:05 pm
Thanks for your work :D
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The tracker icon in the forum points to http://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/ and leads to a "403 Forbidden" message".
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

uwestoehr wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:46 pmSo how can I get rid of this wrong info that I exceeded a login limit and to be forced to answer every time a question?
Stay logged in for now; see https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=58543 .
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bambuko
Veteran

Post by bambuko »

chrisb wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:37 pm ...see https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=58543 .

:mrgreen:

link.jpg
link.jpg (28.87 KiB) Viewed 1790 times
I am using Link branch and Assembly3
you can also download ... and try it here
excellent Assembly3 tutorials here
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

The freecadweb.org/wiki and freecadweb.org/tracker redirects should be working now. Gonna do the maintenance today in about 4 hours, at 22:00 UTC.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Delaying this a bit, I forgot how long it takes to back up all the forum attachments.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

kkremitzki wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:16 pm Delaying this a bit, I forgot how long it takes to back up all the forum attachments.
There are two rules for time estimates:
1) It takes twice as long as you have estimates in the beginning.
2) It takes twice as long even if you take rule 1 into account.

Usually people are thankful for everything the developers and other helpers do. The strange thing here is, that you currently seem to be the bad guy for some here.
This means that your work deserves even more respect.

It's done when it's done.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Thanks, it's a bit tough as I had been putting off this move for a while assuming it was going to be a pain. Almost done though!
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

kkremitzki wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:51 pm The freecadweb.org/wiki and freecadweb.org/tracker redirects should be working now. Gonna do the maintenance today in about 4 hours, at 22:00 UTC.
There seems to be a small issue.
Links when coming from Google are formed like "https://www.forum.freecadweb.org..." and I permanently a security warning telling the connection isn't secured.
I have to clear the 'www.' from the URL to get it working fine. ;)