Forum maintenance today

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
openBrain
Veteran

Re: Forum maintenance today

Post by openBrain »

kkremitzki wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:57 am Ping
It seems by some way https://www.freecadweb.org/tracker/ is now https://tracker.freecadweb.org/ but forum bug tag still uses the old url. Is it possible to fix? Eventually also redirect old URL to the new one for old hardlinks. Thx
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

openBrain wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:17 am forum bug tag still uses the old url.
The same applies to the wiki tags.

Old:
http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/
New:
https://wiki.freecadweb.org/
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Roy_043 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:01 am The same applies to the wiki tags.
The wiki tag works here. Example: Tutorials.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

chrisb wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:52 pm The wiki tag works here.
You have misunderstood the issue. The link works but relies on a redirect. It would be better to avoid this.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Roy_043 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:58 pm You have misunderstood the issue. The link works but relies on a redirect. It would be better to avoid this.
Yes, of course. A weird guess is, that the texts are stored in a database table of type TEXT or BLOB, and that things cannot be replaced easily.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

It should be possible, and, I am guessing, relatively easy, to fix this for new links.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Easy for new links, but not for existing ones. I am in town on my phone, bored waiting for daughters clothes shopping. :)

If no one else fixes it first, I will have a look at it late tonight. Someone feel free to remind me in a day or so if I forget. :)

Jim
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

jmaustpc wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:41 am Easy for new links, but not for existing ones.
I was wrong about that, I have updated the URLs and all the existing and new links will work. PHPBB adds the URL at "click on time" only the custom text etc. is stored in the actual post text. It's a bit like how your signature updates all old post when you update your signature file.

I have fixed for bugs and wiki.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

jmaustpc wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:09 am I have fixed for bugs and wiki.
Now I have also fixed wikifr (French) and wikisection

Do you Germans want me to create a BBcode (a wikide) for the German language wiki?

I don't know why videos don't seem to work since the update. Doers anyone already know what is wrong? If not I will look into it another time.

I have to run now since I have cooked dinner so I need to serve it up. :)

Jim

PS please test a few links of each type and confirm they all work as expect.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Bug tag works again. No more time here too, my wife has cooked, now I have to run.